BSG Core

Discussion / Announcement area for Battlestar Galactica Core development.
Andon

Post by Andon »

EU GPZ server hosts the core. All you have to do is download the files from here: http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...showtopic=37050 and then log on, go to 'create a game' and select EU as the server and the current version (0.30) of BSG core.
ImageImage
Sycrus

Post by Sycrus »

150 mps pods? jeez, I like that mrgreen.gif

maybe you should slow it down a little bit :(
NakPPI@XT wrote:QUOTE (NakPPI@XT @ Oct 7 2008, 03:50 PM) I didn't log in to allegiance to be taunted by some keyboard warrior that gets off by bragging about the size of his nuts in a 10 year old video game
Diosama

Post by Diosama »

wahoo, testing BSG for the first time tonight, can't wait ^^

Sorry I was AFK when you came in Padrino324@RT, I had to walk my GF home - hope to fly with you soon >^.^<
Last edited by Diosama on Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

We tried hosting the 0.30 on GPZ. As soon as I hit "Create game" the server crashed. Please fix the core. Until then we are unable to host it on the server.
Clay_Pigeon

Post by Clay_Pigeon »

I've played it a few times. As EoR core demonstrated, allowing fighters to rip to other fighters is a huge mistake that destroys balance. In any sufficiently large team, cylons will crush enemy miners in a matter of minutes.
"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." -2 Cor 12:9
"Never know how long I've waited, anticipated your smile pressed against mine." -Running
Andon

Post by Andon »

One of the things in 0.32F is removing the basic cylon fig's ability to rip to other basic figs, and putting it on a SR version like the Rix scouts in DN
ImageImage
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

Do you have high res art? If possible please send the files to mesial, he hosts them on his servers. (Newer textures should always be available as high res, I think. smile.gif )

I can build Exp/Tac/Sup cons, when no equivalent rocks have been found?
Last edited by Grimmwolf_GB on Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andon

Post by Andon »

All bases (Tac, Exp, Sup, SY) can build on all special rocks, so if you have any special rock you can build any of them.

As for high-res artwork, I believe that there is stuff available for it, so I'll see what I can do to dredge it up.
ImageImage
Kap

Post by Kap »

I was playing BSG core this morning and when we did a Deathmatch with one of the teams as the "Bios" (the faction with the bios logo) it seems the people on that team dropped and thus the game ended.

It happened 2 times, first with Kite_Geek as comm and then with Thehitman2 as comm. We then changed the faction to the one with the Eagle Logo (or whatever, the one that looks like phoenix) and it worked.

Maybe a big coincidence but you might want to check it out.

Anyway, I think the core would play better if it wasn't for that annoyance of the game not updating correctly when sidethrusting at high speeds.
ImageImage
If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut. -- Albert Einstein
Andon

Post by Andon »

Hrm... Something's screwy with the artwork. I'll re-convert it all and send it to TE when I get time
ImageImage