Storyline

The land-based version of Allegiance, under construction.
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

-Alleg Academy Fan Fiction page, with Quantus storyline
-
-The rest of this post is old.
-
-edit by finnbryant

Introductory Storyline:

http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...ry=231#comments

Faction Storylines:

Gigacorp:

http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...ry=235#comments

Iron Coalition:

http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...ry=235#comments

Belters:

http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...ry=368#comments

These are the stories so far with the rest coming along the way.

I have been slacking recently because of exams and just pure lazyness this last week (been chillin' out after the end of exams :D ) but I am going to get back to work on these pronto. I have half finished a couple of these stories, just gotta finish them off ASAP.

I'll keep you posted.
Last edited by Cadillac on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan ("The Lives of the Stars" ep. 9 Cosmos)
Rants Blog Cadillac, *Wurflet@Event, ?GoldDragon@Alleg, ^Biggus*#$@us@XT, +Ashandarei@Zone
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

*bump*

Belters Storyline is now up. (Finally)
Image Image Image
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan ("The Lives of the Stars" ep. 9 Cosmos)
Rants Blog Cadillac, *Wurflet@Event, ?GoldDragon@Alleg, ^Biggus*#$@us@XT, +Ashandarei@Zone
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

Bios storyline is up on my blog, please read smile.gif

Cheers.
Image Image Image
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

Rix is up on the blog
Image Image Image
the_dare

Post by the_dare »

good job caddy! lovin the story so far!!
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

BV is also putting it up on the Alleg Academy.

I'll post those links once I've put all the faction intros up.

(And thanks smile.gif )
Image Image Image
Virex

Post by Virex »

I noticed that your starting story didn't take the alien structures into account, or at least not to the extent that it could have. I think we could make these a more important part of the story and fix the problem of there being no other habitable worlds at the same time. So here's a small rewrite of the opening story (I also took the liberty of slightly altering the wording in some places)

Code: Select all

It has been 160 years since the destruction of Earth. Yearning for a new home planet, all factions have been searching far and wide for habitable planets. Apparently they were not the first...

With every planet found, the situation grew more desperate. Each planet that could have supported life now lay ravaged, strip-mined or shattered. They were silent testimonies of a war that ravaged the galaxy millions of years ago. It seemed this conflict, which quickly became known as the "ancients war" would make another race it's casualty soon.

Until in 2294, when GigaCorp claim jumpers reached the edges of this galactic battlefield. They discovered a habitable planet on the outermost reaches of the known universe and christened it Quantus. Initial deep space scans of the planet showed that faint energy signals could still be detected emanating from its surface. Ancient structures built by an unknown race still stood, even though their makers fate is far more grim.

It was not long before the news had been leaked by spies and soon all the factions were aware of Quantus. Tempted by the prospect of a home world at last, along with the possibility of discovering new technologies, all the factions immediately began to construct colony ships, accompanied by the fastest warships in their respective fleets. These settlers, because of the distance they had to travel were forced to cut off contact between themselves and the rest of their factions.

The GigaCorp colony ship, the Terra Argentus was the first to arrive at Quantus. She immediately landed on the surface on the planet and began to establish a base of operations. Only a few days later, the Iron Coalition's Domus task-force arrived. Within a few months all the factions had landed on the planets surface, the planet was abundant with alien structure and artifacts which contained information that scientists had yet to decipher.

On the 2nd August 2300 Belters and Iron Coalition forces clashed over Iron deposits at the North Pole of the planet, the first battle for Quantus had begun...
Last edited by Virex on Wed May 07, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

I just got one issue with the wording:

"Ancient structures built by an unknown race still stood, even though their makers never survived the conflict that ravaged the galaxy."

Kinda sounds like the makers died in the current conflict of Allegiance, which would not be true, or that they died in conflict at all. I'm not sure how they died, and I'd deliberately keep it from the audience to spice things up a little.

If you can re-phrase that somehow, I'll put it up with due editing credits. Ty smile.gif
Image Image Image
Virex

Post by Virex »

Reworked it a bit. Now it doesn't say how they died anymore.
Last edited by Virex on Wed May 07, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

Thanks dude! mrgreen.gif
Image Image Image