SY

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

links placed.

non-standard factions kinda got a bit neglected, i was more concerned with getting the majority working so people can see how well my idea works, rather than having everything perfect and balanced.
so TF didn't get too much attention, rix might need some playing with, GT doesn't have access to their assault carrier any more (i wasn't sure if i should have left pilotable carriers in anyway, so i'm not too concerned about that anyway). i think pnx can still get nova bombs.

but yeah, i didn't spend too much time on the anomalies. i did decide to make giga have weaker caps like usual instead of giving them the same as everyone else (which owuld have been quicker to do).

when i get round to doing R8 i may well address that.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

R8 released.

it's on the dev servers, could some people play a few games (and tell me they have played them) so i can ask TE to put it on the AU to get some proper games on it played.

http://www.mesialonline.com/madpeople/dnCapCoreR8.zip

changes were mostly names and descriptions to make it more obvious what to use things for.
juckto

Post by juckto »

I don't know if you fixed the 'laser nans on scouts' issue, but you could make it clear by having the gun described as "Requires the large energy reserve of a Support ship to be effective"
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

it's description is (and always was i think)
An advanced version of the nanite repair gun. This consumes large ammounts of energy and is very heavy, so is only suitable for mounting on capital class ships[/quote]

you can only mount it at the SY (it has a pre which is a local of SY only), and deliberately is very heavy and uses lots of energy so if someone does mount it, they will figure out very quickly they shouldn't have.

i would have preferred it not to have to share the nan mount, there just weren't enough weapon types.

if anyone does ignore all that, and goes to the sy and mounts it and tries to use it and doesn't notice they can only shoot for 1 second and fly like they have a few aleph res's in cargo, then...