Raise the cost of gunships

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
Kltplzyxm

Post by Kltplzyxm »

Well Barr, looks like you were typing as I wrote my last response.

Of course, GS are cheesy, especially for $1. Personally, I like the comparison between 1 gs & 1-2 scouts vs. 1 corvette. Better speed w/ light booster, better scan range, same weaponry, costs a helluva lot less overall. You can ram a GS to go faster as well.

EDIT: BTW, Guardians move at 20mps and I've seen them enter other sectors esp when they have a scout to help out. But enough with the derail. smile.gif
Last edited by Kltplzyxm on Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guitarism

Post by guitarism »

you said so yourself there Mr. K "I was part of or 6 guardians to rape the run..."
take 5 or 6 of anything, wether they be hvy ints, mustangs, adv fighters. Have them do the right thing and hit the bomber all at once, and poof, bomb run dead. Gs's though can dio it with less, and cost less. So please, hush, unless you know ecaxtly whats goin on
FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 28 2011, 04:56 PM) After Slap I use Voltaire for light reading.
CronoDroid wrote:QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Jan 23 2009, 07:46 PM) If you're going to go GT, go Exp, unless you're Gooey. But Gooey is nuts.
QUOTE [20:13] <DasSmiter> I like to think that one day he logged on and accidentally clicked his way to the EoR forum
[20:13] <DasSmiter> And his heart exploded in a cloud of fury[/quote]
TheBored

Post by TheBored »

I vote that we DOUBLE (yeah, x2) the price of GS. If doubling the price doesn't fix the problem, nothing will!

XD

TB
spideycw wrote:QUOTE (spideycw @ Nov 28 2008, 02:50 PM) All the retards are contained in one squad mostly (System X)
[18:48] <Imago> dont take me seriously
Kltplzyxm

Post by Kltplzyxm »

guitarism wrote:
QUOTE (guitarism @ Jun 18 2007, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you said so yourself there Mr. K "I was part of or 6 guardians to rape the run..."
take 5 or 6 of anything, wether they be hvy ints, mustangs, adv fighters. Have them do the right thing and hit the bomber all at once, and poof, bomb run dead. Gs's though can dio it with less, and cost less. So please, hush, unless you know ecaxtly whats goin on

No no, when I said bbr run go poof, I mean the entire thing, scouts and all from 2km out. Not just spiking the bbr. That doesn't happen when ships only use minigun or gatt. FFS, I was just addressing Andon's comments about Guardian's being too expensive and wasn't talking about GS at all. Jeez, everybody is so eager to tell the newbie to STFU.
Last edited by Kltplzyxm on Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barrager

Post by Barrager »

your not helping our side of the argument. Raise the price of gunships to 500 and lower the price of guardians to 1000
Evincar

Post by Evincar »

guardians are good as they are now. i know guardians are for defense, but damn, a good defense they are!! they have A LOT of hitpoints, and can probably kill heavy interceptors in close range (exept the pilot doesn´t suck and goes around him). i say raise the price of gs´s to 250-300. 500 is too much, but 250-300 while being an acceptable loss would refrain from senseless spam
Classifiable up to Trolleomorphism.
Kltplzyxm

Post by Kltplzyxm »

Barrager wrote:
QUOTE (Barrager @ Jun 19 2007, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your not helping our side of the argument. Raise the price of gunships to 500 and lower the price of guardians to 1000

Eh? I agree with Evin on the guardian's only. Leave guardians as is and up the gost of Gunships to $500 at minimum. Sure it's expensive, but it's only fair. Personally, I think skycaps are what should be expensive but I guess you can't price them.
Last edited by Kltplzyxm on Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
terrenblade

Post by terrenblade »

Mr. Kltplzyxm wrote:
QUOTE (Mr. Kltplzyxm @ Jun 19 2007, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
</Snip> Personally, I think skycaps are what should be expensive but I guess you can't price them.

Some one do this. 500$ per skycap, drop the price of caps while you're at it, should help allaround.
Mad? Oh yes, quite mad.

Vader shot the nans first.
Gappy

Post by Gappy »

Guardians should be more expensive than gunships. Turrets use up manpower, and you pay a premium. If you've got 0 turrets in your GS, all you've got is a ship with a mini-AC. With one turret, that's 2 people for a skycap and a mini-ac. Using guardians requires no teamwork, and we pay a premium in this game for activities that don't take teamwork
We've upped our standards. Up yours.
IB_

Post by IB_ »

Barrager wrote:
QUOTE (Barrager @ Jun 18 2007, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don;t think you understand. either of you. Gaurdians are completely and utterly defence, they don;t move faster than 10 mps and uses boosters to move around their base only.

A pushed boosting guardian can easily make 110mps.
slap wrote:QUOTE (slap @ Oct 7 2009, 01:28 AM) good point, I concede.