Jaybird's Cute Little Prox Metering Mod

Catch-all for all development not having a specific forum.
jaybird39

Post by jaybird39 »

Terralthra wrote:
QUOTE (Terralthra @ Jun 13 2007, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is important to note here that this mod does not adjust for your velocity. Therefore, the distance necessary to prox will shrink as your speed increases (as the calculation above relies on your velocity = 0).

Yep, this mod is only the calculation factor, you have to make adjustments for your speed, direction and so forth.

The Master Pod Pilot!
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

Terralthra wrote:
QUOTE (Terralthra @ Jun 14 2007, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is important to note here that this mod does not adjust for your velocity. Therefore, the distance necessary to prox will shrink as your speed increases (as the calculation above relies on your velocity = 0).

so for noobs it might help and for people who are experianced, its no use at all. Use the HAT key and gauge it yourself.

Edit: I might also add i find mods like this cheating. Using the computer to calculate something you gain from experiance is bad. but thats just my opinion.
Last edited by apochboi on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ozricosis

Post by Ozricosis »

I agree.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
TheBored

Post by TheBored »

I won't be using it myself because I don't like to mess with my client too much, but I hardly consider this cheating. You don't gain the ability to multiply things by 5 by playing Allegiance more. All this does is help some people out who aren't the best with mental calculations.

The mod ONLY multiplies the enemies speed by 5 and displays it in a new line. Thats it. There isn't a sound that plays when its safe to drop, no blinking lights, nothing to assist people in the actual skill of killing people with prox.

If this is cheating, being gifted with mathematical skills is also cheating.

TB
spideycw wrote:QUOTE (spideycw @ Nov 28 2008, 02:50 PM) All the retards are contained in one squad mostly (System X)
[18:48] <Imago> dont take me seriously
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

The whole point of the game isnt to have all the tools you need in front of you, its trial and error. You push a con not knowing fully if the enemy see it ect..I admit i dont have a fantastic maths knowledge but through experiance i know when and where to drop prox. It took me time.
Last edited by apochboi on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Camaro

Post by Camaro »

Being weed or weed-like is cheating.
jaybird39

Post by jaybird39 »

apochboi wrote:
QUOTE (apochboi @ Jun 13 2007, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so for noobs it might help and for people who are experianced, its no use at all. Use the HAT key and gauge it yourself.

Edit: I might also add i find mods like this cheating. Using the computer to calculate something you gain from experiance is bad. but thats just my opinion.

Hmmm maybe so, but I find myself having massive headaches from calculating the speed time differential constantly with the only weapon I can use period. Since I have a cognitive disability, and I cannot think as efficiently as most, it just places me in the bracket with other players that have been playing a year or so.

If anything it is a disabled player helping hand mod. It does take skill to use. Just shifts from left-right simulnaneous brain function to one side at a time.

You may think that because you may think that this give a huge advantage to the user. In reality, it doesn't. This mod does not work for combat nanning, or close range prox defense tactics, which is what I do most of the time. This is for the pursuit prox kill, the head on initial bbr coverage prox kill and nothing more. It just makes a normal calculation based on the information that you already have in the first place. You have the target speed, you have the target range. You have the ability to divide by two, and multiply by ten. The tools are already there.

But the advantage is only for those that can actually use the damn thing. an unskilled pilot is incapable of using it properly, unless he knows exactly what it is, and what it figures out. The experienced pilot may not need it at all. This is a perfect mod for those of us that cannot think fast on our feet when folks like shizoku is bearing down on us and we have less than 1 second to come up with the vector that they are coming from. I am permanently disabled, that means that no matter how smart I am, I can never increase my mental processing speed. therefore, I am probably at the height of my abilities in combat piloting without a little help from the on board flight systems,

The only reason that you would find this cheating, is because you would feel vulnerable to such a thing. Experienced pilots do not follow directly behind scouts for this reason anyway. I do not see what the problem is. Everyone has the availability to use it, as I have just released it. Cheating would be never divulging something like this. Advantage gone!

Just because it is foriegn to you, does not mean that it is cheating.

The Master Pod Pilot!
TheBored

Post by TheBored »

apochboi wrote:
QUOTE (apochboi @ Jun 13 2007, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The whole point of the game isnt to have all the tools you need in front of you, its trial and error. You push a con not knowing fully if the enemy see it ect..I admit i dont have a fantastic maths knowledge but through experiance i know when and where to drop prox. It took me time.

Well, what took you time to figure out took others about 30 seconds to figure out that (their speed x 5 = distance to drop at). Pretty much every cadet program that runs figures this out for themselves during week 1. Its not rocket science.

TB
spideycw wrote:QUOTE (spideycw @ Nov 28 2008, 02:50 PM) All the retards are contained in one squad mostly (System X)
[18:48] <Imago> dont take me seriously
Psychosis

Post by Psychosis »

Interesting idea Jay, have you thought about using this

if (Speed X 5) > DistanceToTarget then ShowProxSignal

basically have it do all the math for you, and then show a little indicator that your good to go.

still dont think its the best thing, but i understand why it could be very useful to you.
Last edited by Psychosis on Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
H_Mallow

Post by H_Mallow »

Dropping when the target is 800-1100m from you will get them %90 of the time.
"Hey man am I driving ok?"

"You're stopped, man"