Jaybird's Cute Little Prox Metering Mod

Catch-all for all development not having a specific forum.
jaybird39

Post by jaybird39 »

Ok Now that I have confirmation that this Mod is legal. I am sharing this with the development team so they can make an installer for the mod.

I have developed a proximity mine calculation indicator, and incorporated it into my HUD. It helps me to make the calculation for prox distancing faster and in real time, so here is how I have done it. In Dialog.mdl, I have added a variable to the default HUD after the TargetSpeed variable, in this way:

Under this variable:

Code: Select all

TargetSpeed =
    StringImage(
        JustifyRight,
        smVerdana,
        targetHudColor,
        ConcatinatedString("SPEED: ", NumberString(GetSpeed(Target, OnEveryFrame)))
    );

I have added this:

Targetspeedx5 =
    StringImage(
        JustifyRight,
        smVerdana,
        targetHudColor,
        ConcatinatedString("SPEED x 5 ", NumberString(Multiply(5,GetSpeed(Target, OnEveryFrame))))
    );

And under:

TranslateImage(TargetSpeed, Point(92, 33)),

I have added:

TranslateImage(Targetspeedx5 , Point(92, 23)),

Hope that y'all enjoy. This helps me out a whole lot. It does not provide information other than what we already have available to us to begin with, it just does a little math for me, so I can concentrate on flying without flying into rocks.

EDIT BY TB: Fixing up format to let people install this on their own.
Last edited by jaybird39 on Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Master Pod Pilot!
Adam4

Post by Adam4 »

I remember once, when you did fly into a rock....lol.
flam

Post by flam »

Doubling the explosions, doubling the fun mrgreen.gif
Last edited by flam on Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juckto

Post by juckto »

a proximity mine calculation indicator. It helps me to make the calculation for prox distancing faster and in real time[/quote]
Wonderful. Now, perhaps, explain what it does?
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.
TheBored

Post by TheBored »

It takes the speed of the enemy (in meters per second) and multiplies by 5. If then displays the number below the enemies speed.

Like that.

Mine activation = 4s and a prox field is 100m wide (so add another second) = 5s. Multiply their speed by 5 to get the distance at which the enemy needs to be for your prox to be effective.

This mod just does the math for you wink.gif

TB
spideycw wrote:QUOTE (spideycw @ Nov 28 2008, 02:50 PM) All the retards are contained in one squad mostly (System X)
[18:48] <Imago> dont take me seriously
beeman

Post by beeman »

Nice Jay.
"What if, star sailor, I were to come over your house and punch you in the $#@!ing face?!
Will that finally get you to shut the hell up?!?" -- neotoxin
spideycw

Post by spideycw »

EAGERLY waiting for an installer!
I'm sorry I don't remember any of it. For you the day spideycw graced your squad with utter destruction was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Sunday
Idanmel wrote:QUOTE (Idanmel @ Mar 19 2012, 05:54 AM) I am ashamed for all the drama I caused, I have much to learn on how to behave when things don't go my way.

My apologies.
jaybird39

Post by jaybird39 »

juckto wrote:
QUOTE (juckto @ Jun 13 2007, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wonderful. Now, perhaps, explain what it does?

This is basically a scout whore specific mod. If you fly ships other than scout mostly, it would be on no use to you, not even in a reverse situation.

There is a calculation that all scout whores use to calculate the optimum proxing distance for a target that follows them. it is 5 x the target's speed. We all use it, adn it is pretty effective.

it takes roughly 4 - 5 seconds for a prox field activates, so if wee have a tail, and he is trying to kill us, we drop when the range reaches 5 x their speed, and boom. Simple as that

This just takes care of the math, so you can concentrate on flying the ship.

In other words, NEVER NEVER NEVER chase a scout from now on smile.gif

The Master Pod Pilot!
TheBored

Post by TheBored »

spideycw wrote:
QUOTE (spideycw @ Jun 13 2007, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EAGERLY waiting for an installer!

If you ***DO NOT*** use any other mods, download this file and copy it to your artwork folder. http://pk.dras.us/users/TheBored/Temp/dialog.mdl
EDIT: You need to right click the link and "Save Link As..." Clicking on the link will just show the file in your browser.

If you DO use mods that change dialog.mdl (Think CortUI, MadP'sUI, I think Rav made one... any mod that moves things around on the screen) you should NOT use the file above. If you only have a reticle installed or something else small like that, you should be safe to use the file above.

TB
Last edited by TheBored on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spideycw wrote:QUOTE (spideycw @ Nov 28 2008, 02:50 PM) All the retards are contained in one squad mostly (System X)
[18:48] <Imago> dont take me seriously
Terralthra

Post by Terralthra »

It is important to note here that this mod does not adjust for your velocity. Therefore, the distance necessary to prox will shrink as your speed increases (as the calculation above relies on your velocity = 0).