Jaybird's Cute Little Prox Metering Mod

Catch-all for all development not having a specific forum.
jaybird39

Post by jaybird39 »

PsycHosis wrote:
QUOTE (PsycHosis @ Jun 13 2007, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting idea Jay, have you thought about using this

if (Speed X 5) > DistanceToTarget then ShowProxSignal

basically have it do all the math for you, and then show a little indicator that your good to go.
still dont think its the best thing, but i understand why it could be very useful to you.

Nice thought. I considered such a thing. However, due tot he variable speeds, and heading configurations, it seems to be better that I have a hard number to work with, and reference to.

Thanks By The way smile.gif

The Master Pod Pilot!
badpazzword

Post by badpazzword »

Unfortunately for who claims cheating, this mod received green light from the Enforcement Zone and Developement Zone - or at least so I was told.
Jay, great work on that. Can't wait to use it. ;-)
Have gaming questions? Get expert answers! Image Image
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

TheBored wrote:
QUOTE (TheBored @ Jun 14 2007, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you DO use mods that change dialog.mdl (Think CortUI, MadP'sUI, I think Rav made one... any mod that moves things around on the screen) you should NOT use the file above. If you only have a reticle installed or something else small like that, you should be safe to use the file above.

i will release a version of mine with this in.

mind if i change the label "speed x5" to "drop distance"

hmm, i may be able to make a little patcher program (slightly more risky since i don't know what kind of changes cortui does)

perhaps a rainy day activity when on holiday if i don't get time to do it when at home tonight + tomorrow.
jaybird39

Post by jaybird39 »

H_Mallow wrote:
QUOTE (H_Mallow @ Jun 13 2007, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dropping when the target is 800-1100m from you will get them %90 of the time.

yeah, I tried that, I have more like a 40-50% hit rate doing that. probably my reflexes or something

The Master Pod Pilot!
jaybird39

Post by jaybird39 »

madpeople wrote:
QUOTE (madpeople @ Jun 14 2007, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i will release a version of mine with this in.

mind if i change the label "speed x5" to "drop distance"

hmm, i may be able to make a little patcher program (slightly more risky since i don't know what kind of changes cortui does)

perhaps a rainy day activity when on holiday if i don't get time to do it when at home tonight + tomorrow.

Hmmm, I intentionally left it speed x 5 because teh entire concept is something that needs to be learned. Drop distance gives the newbie an unfair advantage, without really knowing what the hell he is doing.

However, if you are going to just do this for yourself, by all means go for it. I am just concerned that it screws trhe learning curve up.
Last edited by jaybird39 on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Master Pod Pilot!
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

well, i figured only people who knew what it is supposed to be used for would use it, and given that's what its supposed to be used for, i thought it made sense to give it a label that tells you what its used for.

[cut short]
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

badpazzword wrote:
QUOTE (badpazzword @ Jun 14 2007, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unfortunately for who claims cheating, this mod received green light from the Enforcement Zone and Developement Zone - or at least so I was told.
Jay, great work on that. Can't wait to use it. ;-)

Well I disagree strongly with their green light. This takes out a large skill component of the game and imo is cheating. It's a small mod, but where do you honestly draw the line? Next thing you know it will be an aimbot, "but it only helps those who can't aim? So being weedman is also cheating?" You can use the same dumbass arguements to counter the nay sayers in that scenario as well, because it's the same thing - an exploit.

Now I will go complain to my senator, oh wait I have no voice anymore. Yay.
Mordechaj

Post by Mordechaj »

if it calculated your own speed, took direction into account, and then flashed and blinked: DROP DROP DROP, yeah, it would be cheating.

this way - it's so basic that i don't understand WTF is all the fuss about. it's much smaller change than fixing mini3 so that they don't blind you when you fire them...
Image "South of the Alps and East of the Adriatic, paranoia is considered mental equilibrium..."
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

I really don't see what the hooplah is all about.

Now if this thing called Aleph drops on bombers, THAT would be cheating. Instead jay's tool is just that, a tool. And like any tool, it can be of use if used properly, but if you aren't careful, you're likely to smash the hell out of your own thumb.
beeman

Post by beeman »

Jay:
You are experiencing the pain of trying to help people.
"What if, star sailor, I were to come over your house and punch you in the $#@!ing face?!
Will that finally get you to shut the hell up?!?" -- neotoxin