Models

The land-based version of Allegiance, under construction.
radruin

Post by radruin »

K umm....Mild change of plans; the only people that have any programming experience that have chipped in have said that Blender isn't the best idea, and pointed out what I should have thought of before: using an existing FPS game and modding it (probably heavily?) So I'm really not sure right now what format everything will need to be in. Concept art is still very very welcome, as we have next to nothing (that tanker thingy above RULES, I really really want to launch something into one of the tanks and watch it explode and wipe out everything in sight, myself included)
But I'm not sure, again, what format everything will have to be in, so...I don't know what this means for you guys. You can keep on keeping on, grind to a halt, whatever you think needs to be done til we (I?) re-establish what base we're going to be using for Quantus.

EDIT: Aww the tanker thingy is no longer above, but on the previous page. Still...it looks good enough to blow up. *loud gratuitious applause*
Rocket launcher pls? Or just a medieval torch? ninja.gif
Last edited by radruin on Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE (Cadillac)Does that mean that dying is effectively a perma-ban from the "Life" server?[/quote]
muman42

Post by muman42 »

K.. some more max models comin up just to aid inspiration, cos their aint so much point till we've decided upon an engine (torque sounds good... but is client side free?)... gimme a week or so... smile.gif

or better yet.. did someone mention a rocket launcher?

Last edited by muman42 on Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
barricuda

Post by barricuda »

constructor?

****i can do this all night.... all of these models are FREE to use as long as u mention the authors in ur read me files. they can be found at ** www.turbosquid.com ** just skinn as needed...just about all and any models we may need here....

this is the part where u praise baricuda for her efforts in locating this.
the universe is a big place...you will not be missed.
(\__/)
( ;..;) <---and one bunny to rule them all...
(")_(")
barricuda

Post by barricuda »

by the way...there are HUNDREDS more i just dont feal like postin pics all night
the universe is a big place...you will not be missed.
(\__/)
( ;..;) <---and one bunny to rule them all...
(")_(")
cuculet

Post by cuculet »

I am trying to do models that looks more like alleg ships... so.....

Im working on an IC Fighter for planet side.
ImageImageImage
radruin

Post by radruin »

Wow. Those are good, Barricuda; please bookmark that site lol.
I recognize a tank from the ancient Tron movie...lol
QUOTE (Cadillac)Does that mean that dying is effectively a perma-ban from the "Life" server?[/quote]
muman42

Post by muman42 »

radruin

Post by radruin »

muman42 wrote:
QUOTE (muman42 @ Sep 13 2007, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
K.. some more max models comin up just to aid inspiration, cos their aint so much point till we've decided upon an engine (torque sounds good... but is client side free?)... gimme a week or so... smile.gif

I think client-side it's free. From what Datamine has said, it sounds like this might be the best option...so if anyone has any donations they'd like to make...*hint hint*

EDIT: I think client-side it's free; after all, you don't have to pay an extra $150 to buy Tribes 2 (which uses Torque)
Again, donations are welcome ^^
Last edited by radruin on Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

You guys rock, GREAT effort!

Keep it going!

(Sweet F-Zero Cpt_Falcon model mrgreen.gif)
Last edited by Cadillac on Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan ("The Lives of the Stars" ep. 9 Cosmos)
Rants Blog Cadillac, *Wurflet@Event, ?GoldDragon@Alleg, ^Biggus*#$@us@XT, +Ashandarei@Zone
radruin

Post by radruin »

lol pay attention: Barricuda pulled those from the abovementioned web site; he didn't make all those. Otherwise I'd have erected a statue of him in the middle of my city. And it would glow in the dark.