Expansion

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

Can you remove tactical, supremacy and shipyard plz ?

They're used in barely 5% of games so why bother overloading the F5 screen with these. It's more annoying than anything else. Also make so that exp con can build on any type of rocks.

Thanks.

ps: heavy ints should be free for all factions too. It's a pain to wait for these to research.
Zapper

Post by Zapper »

I totaly agree with KGJV
a addition to his demand.. extra ammo upgrades or perhaps free freighter with extra ammo and fuel storage.'

when is it done??

Come get some!!
Zapper
Life suck's and then u play Alleg.
-.. ..- -.- . -. ..- -.- . .----. . -- .. ... - .... . --. .-. . .- - . ... -
terrenblade

Post by terrenblade »

ammo +10% would make a nice sy GE
Mad? Oh yes, quite mad.

Vader shot the nans first.
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

I've seen a fair amount of sup still played, I don't see how anything has changed, all that was removed was the stupid gun that helps people who can't aim, the gatt accuracy perk has helped soooo much too(if anything sup is way more viable since the past release). And tac is still silly powerfull. I don't get what you are whining about other than commanders and players wanting to fly ints more, maybe because it's IC week in ACS?
Death3D

Post by Death3D »

I know if I ever commed I would go Expansion because I doubt my econ-sustaining skills, I feel the Yield GA's are somewhat a safety net... But then again I'm not very good at planning so I think I need something that you know it's coming yet you still can't stop as I force down your throat. Those are the (probably mis-) conceptions I have about Exp.

Edit: maybe a lot of weak comm's feel the same way and hence go exp?
Last edited by Death3D on Wed May 02, 2007 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One short sleep past, we wake eternally and Death shalt be no more; Death, thou shalt die! Image
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

Expansion only core:

-Every faction starts with scouts and light Ints.

Traditional Tech paths are renamed in f5 and revamped

Supremacy -> Delinquency
enh fig -> Missle Hardpoint 1 - Allows your ints to mount missles
Adv fig ->Missle Hardpoint 2 - Increases int missle capacity
Ripcord Hardpoint - Allows ints to teleport
rest is normal

Expansion - Destruction
basically the same as now

Tactical - Derision
Sf -> Cloak Hardpoint - allows ints to mount sig cloak
Utl 1 and 2-> Armor Piercing Ammo 1 and 2 - overwrites normal minigun, the difference is in the damage class, where they are given improved damage against utl hull.

All techpaths can research Ints and Hvy ints instead of traditional ships. Each tech Hardpoint upgrade creates a new ship that overwrites the stock interceptor so that every ship has those extra attributes, ie in base you will only see scout and interceptor, not scout and 8 different int variations.
Last edited by Adaven on Thu May 03, 2007 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Camaro

Post by Camaro »

That isnt terribly hard to make a core like that ada... but its a pain in the ass when you have to have 50+ interceptor varients

although the idea of a Stealth Heavy Interceptor Bomber intrigues me
Last edited by Camaro on Thu May 03, 2007 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

I think it would be only 18 int variants, 3 (stock ints) * 3 (missle mounts) * 2 (cloak or not) . And remember that you it all overwrites. So if you have normal hvy ints and research missles and cloak, in base, your options go from scout or Hvy Into to scout or Hvy Int**, kind of like the Hvy Miner on A+. A Normal core would have 3 int variants, 3 fig variants, and 3 sf variants. I would leave htt's, bombers, and caps as is. Although if you did do them, it would be easier just to change the models of the existing ships to oversized int models and add miniguns on front, which is really no work at all, but you'd still have them appear separate at ship selection since they'd cost money to buy.
Last edited by Adaven on Thu May 03, 2007 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhapsody

Post by Rhapsody »

Exp is pretty much the easy mode
HSharp

Post by HSharp »

Exp is named crappily, Exp should be Sup and Sup should be exp, you expand more with supremacy and you supremasize with expansion.

P.S.

How would the int core handle SY?? Attatches Longtom Turrets on your interceptor and increases the size, mass and acceleration so your ints becomes battering rams of death as well??