Capsule Drive and the tac scout

Discussion / Announcement area for Edge of Reality (EoR) Core development.
Camaro

Post by Camaro »

give tac scouts a mass of 40,000 and make the capsule drive have -39,998 mass.

that way the net effect is the same for the scout, and all other ships mounting it will spin off and die nearly immediately.
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

id rather have it the way it is
put capsule drive in cargo on a gunship or bomber and it handles better than an int. oh wot fun
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

Double post ftw
Last edited by apochboi on Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jess_i_74

Post by jess_i_74 »

I'd rather double-post.
Clay_Pigeon

Post by Clay_Pigeon »

Just kill off tac scouts entirely.
"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." -2 Cor 12:9
"Never know how long I've waited, anticipated your smile pressed against mine." -Running
mdvalley

Post by mdvalley »

I can see interesting tactics with that configuration.

Get a few cap-less tac scouts in front of a green door, and no htt will ever get in, like a movable probe shield.

You could push capships with one.

Point your capdrive scout at an enemy bomber/htt/sb/whatever. Get up a good speed, then unmount and eject it at the last second. Ram him right out of the sector.
Camaro

Post by Camaro »

mdvalley wrote:
QUOTE (mdvalley @ Feb 16 2007, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Get a few cap-less tac scouts in front of a green door, and no htt will ever get in, like a movable probe shield.

Point your capdrive scout at an enemy bomber/htt/sb/whatever. Get up a good speed, then unmount and eject it at the last second. Ram him right out of the sector.

shush! your giving away the other broken part i wanted to make tongue.gif
Clay_Pigeon

Post by Clay_Pigeon »

If you want something that will fill a similar role, make a high speed, med-low sig, med scan range, med accel, low mass scout designed for probing behind enemy lines and rushing to an aleph to camp. Call it a recon scout. It can have the same cargo parameters as a tac scout, and won't break the engine.
"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." -2 Cor 12:9
"Never know how long I've waited, anticipated your smile pressed against mine." -Running
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

mdvalley wrote:
QUOTE (mdvalley @ Feb 16 2007, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not just that, you will fire the cap drive at the bomber, if it picks it up the pilot will have to look in his inventory to find it to eject it
jess_i_74

Post by jess_i_74 »

Well, all we really need to do is just make capsule drive a permanently mounted object that cannot be put in the cargo of any other ship ...

code change. Just throw them out. :(