GoDII R4

Discussion / Announcement area for Good Old Days II Core development.
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

Dreg is the problem child as it seems to be too strong. I don't want to touch their speed and I don't know how to model new ships (if anyone wants to do that, please say so), that's why I suggest the following changes:

Dreg:

He³ mining speed from 0.8 to 0.6 (slower, belters level)
Ship shield from 1.0 to 0.9 (Bios level)

The first should make the economy a slower and the fast miners more vulnerable, the second change should help with miner/con/scout kills.

Or the other option:

He³ mining yield from 1.25 to 1.15
He³ mining speed from 0.8 to 1.0
Last edited by Grimmwolf_GB on Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

Anguirel suggested the following set of changes:

Dreg:
PW Damage to 0.95 from 1 (lowest value of all factions)
PW Range to 0.9 from 1 (lowest value of all factions)
Ship hull to 0.85 from 0.9 (Giga level)
Ship Shield to 0.9 from 1 (Bios level)
He3 Yield to 1.20 from 1.25 (better than most factions)
He3 Speed to 0.75 from 0.8 (worse than most factions)
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

I like the idea of fast but brittle miners with high yield. They'll be easy to kill if you catch them at a rock but can make a fast gettaway. Making them weak means that the high yield is balanced by the difficulty of keeping them alive.
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
Anguirel
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Anguirel »

I later changed my mind on He3 Speed/Yield balance over the above.

Dreg's main thing is speed - they should have light, fast, manuverable ships, so less armor, less punch from the guns, and less efficieny when mining. Economy should move at about the same speed as it does now, but require the Dreg team to grab more mining territory (since they do anyways with their higher-speed cons). Similarly, the ships should remain as fun to fly in terms of agility and speed, but be a little easier to take down (the high speed and old-style models makes them hard enough to hit as is, they don't need normal hull/shields as well), and the gun mounts are all very powerfully clustered, so they should do less damage. And, since they can close in easily, the range part makes it a requirement to do so, where the hull reduction is more likely to come into play, and reduce usage of the speed to dance at range.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Beatrice Hall, The Friends of Voltaire
Paradigm2

Post by Paradigm2 »

I'd rather you nerfed their hull and shields a bit than touched their economy.
-Paradigm2
Your_Persona

Post by Your_Persona »

Grimmwolf_GB wrote:
QUOTE (Grimmwolf_GB @ Jan 29 2007, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...and I don't know how to model new ships ...

You could cheat for a little bit by either doing one, or both of the following.

Scale the ships up by 25% (or what ever is effective).

Make the hitbox easer to hit.
-->>Elitism<<--
I'm not Hamlet. I don't take part any more. My words have nothing to tell me anymore.
Terralthra

Post by Terralthra »

Grimmwolf_GB wrote:
QUOTE (Grimmwolf_GB @ Jan 30 2007, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dreg is the problem child as it seems to be too strong. I don't want to touch their speed and I don't know how to model new ships (if anyone wants to do that, please say so), that's why I suggest the following changes:

Get ahold of me on IRC and talk about the look/feel you want.
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

The single largest problem I saw today with this core was the lack of music with the version research. We were about to destroy their garrison, but needed a little motivation to do it, reaching for my trusty music upgrade I found silence. The bombing run failed and the game went on for another half an hour.

How am I supposed to command without spooky music to kick the troops in the butt with?
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

I gotta ask RT to hum the imperial march for you, when you play. mrgreen.gif

Was there some other issue with the core?
guitarism

Post by guitarism »

MP1 in the treasure chest made me so happy
FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 28 2011, 04:56 PM) After Slap I use Voltaire for light reading.
CronoDroid wrote:QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Jan 23 2009, 07:46 PM) If you're going to go GT, go Exp, unless you're Gooey. But Gooey is nuts.
QUOTE [20:13] <DasSmiter> I like to think that one day he logged on and accidentally clicked his way to the EoR forum
[20:13] <DasSmiter> And his heart exploded in a cloud of fury[/quote]