GA upgrades

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
CronoDroid

Post by CronoDroid »

I wouldn't dogfight with Vulcan anyway, a good Hvy Int pilot will shred your SF in less than a second with a burst.

Game Over.
guitarism

Post by guitarism »

At least it would be far reaching.... I think a hunt3+burst of vulc2 would be nice... But then, it would also mean Laz2... Oooo
FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 28 2011, 04:56 PM) After Slap I use Voltaire for light reading.
CronoDroid wrote:QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Jan 23 2009, 07:46 PM) If you're going to go GT, go Exp, unless you're Gooey. But Gooey is nuts.
QUOTE [20:13] <DasSmiter> I like to think that one day he logged on and accidentally clicked his way to the EoR forum
[20:13] <DasSmiter> And his heart exploded in a cloud of fury[/quote]
CronoDroid

Post by CronoDroid »

oO
Oo
oOo

Laser can't be mounted on SFs, can it??!

Unless you mean LsrBlsm...
guitarism

Post by guitarism »

No, but they can be mounted on Vans. Adv Tac = laz2. Laz2 = Vans. Laz2 Vans = Cheese.

And yes Laser Blossoms can be dropped by SFS (90% sure).

And wouldn't it be cool to have a laz2 turret on your SB? Noir! Make it so!
FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 28 2011, 04:56 PM) After Slap I use Voltaire for light reading.
CronoDroid wrote:QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Jan 23 2009, 07:46 PM) If you're going to go GT, go Exp, unless you're Gooey. But Gooey is nuts.
QUOTE [20:13] <DasSmiter> I like to think that one day he logged on and accidentally clicked his way to the EoR forum
CronoDroid

Post by CronoDroid »

He's your Number One.
guitarism

Post by guitarism »

Mmmm Star Trek Drinking game...

http://paul.merton.ox.ac.uk/filmtv/st-tng-game.html

We were gone within 10 minutes of the first episode.
Rand0m_Numb3r

Post by Rand0m_Numb3r »

Nix roll is insane i would stop trying to avoid rix if the roll was similar to nix

dogfighting in a nix SF with vulcan is easy if you CAN dogfight
Beyond the clock tower.
Noir

Post by Noir »

Ship stat wise, Nix Roll = Rix Roll, Nix Pitch = Rix Yaw and Nix Yaw is nominal. It is the Nix starting Turn Torque GA = +10% which makes the difference.
Last edited by Noir on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allegiance - Dark Nebulae - Web Site
"NANITE MOTHER $#@!ER... DO YOU MOUNT IT?"
Rand0m_Numb3r

Post by Rand0m_Numb3r »

That was confusing, but i think i understand.

Nix just has higher turn torque? and as we all know no nerfs

It seems to make a huge difference to me when i actually need to use it for dogfighting.

Rix i need to plan ahead for how im going to roll Nix i can usually react and still have more than enough advantage,

if you ever cave to the people who seem to think nix is cheese i would suggest exclusively removing this 'roll torque buff' from vanguards
Last edited by Rand0m_Numb3r on Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beyond the clock tower.
Noir

Post by Noir »

Originally, Nix had no turn torque perk. Actually, Nix had a lot of nerfs, but they were removed because people could not seem to win with them (I waited about a year before I really started removing Nix nerfs and adding more perks).

From memory, it originally had no Econ GA perks (+10% Speed & Yield GAs), a 5-10% Ship Accel GA nerf, a -10-20% Ship Turn Yaw nerf (all but cap ships, miners, cons), no +10% Turn Torque GA perk, no Mini-LC (Hvy Scouts / Vans)... hmm I think there might have been a few more general nerfs, but I'd have to look them up. Trans used to be easier to get too.
Last edited by Noir on Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allegiance - Dark Nebulae - Web Site
"NANITE MOTHER $#@!ER... DO YOU MOUNT IT?"