New Models *updated first post*

A place to discuss user-created Allegiance 3D models, textures, images, and other visual ingame content.
Death3D

Post by Death3D »

Too many craters, but the textures are amazing.
One short sleep past, we wake eternally and Death shalt be no more; Death, thou shalt die! Image
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

Well, I'd say there might be too many "big" craters, but not too many overall. Real asteroids are covered in craters, but the majority of them are pretty small in scale. Then again this is a game not real life, and if something else looks better, there's no harm in doing it.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

maybe less of the skin looking colour, the bottom right area struck me as something covered in rather nasty blisters, but other than that it was good

chances are i still have all my high poly rocks (perhaps in .X format definatly in 3ds max format) and the cvh box to go with them, if someone wanted to try converting them into allegiance format (and maybe ada skinning them?)
Orion

Post by Orion »

That is a spiffy lookin' rock, though I do agree that the craters are a bit exaggerated;)
Loriana

Post by Loriana »

how many polies does it have? because my pc is starting to have some problems with the new high poly bsg models and stuff..
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

Well, that screenshot is a lot of polys (~65k). I agree that is very excessive, it was just a model I had handy when making the screenie. In the end it is not that big of an issue, because if these get used in game, I can generate low poly versions (maybe 1-2k polys) for the "default" and let those that want them use high poly versions as a separte mod since both versions would use the same CVH.

The orginal rock had ~2 million poly's, which I used to bake a texture with all the fine shading that could then be applied to a smaller model. Even at 244 poly's like the current alleg rocks, these textures should look better than those on the current high-res packs since they are custom fit to the specific model.

There is also the hope that in a future code update Hardware Transform and Lighting will be supported, which would allow us to ratchet the polycount quite a bit while maintaining performance.
Last edited by Adaven on Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your_Persona

Post by Your_Persona »

Nice work Adaven, as usual. smile.gif
-->>Elitism<<--
I'm not Hamlet. I don't take part any more. My words have nothing to tell me anymore.
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

Im loving all of this. I'd like to add I would really like to add some of the higher poly/smoother models to warpcore so please if you do complete something I'd love to add it to my core. Just send me a lil pm wink.gif

Apoch!
Ramaglor

Post by Ramaglor »

So I'm guessing that everyone has been having the rix int model turn black in the ship loadout screen. If anyone would like to help troubleshoot this it would be great. I suspect its from some of the lights being inside the model.

Any word Mesial and Adaven on the ship textures? Perhaps a sneak peak?

Also....work on a dregklar carrier. I think the proportions would put it being significantly larger than the current ones, but whatever.
Last edited by Ramaglor on Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spidey's tactical advice on TS during Tourny game
QUOTE We don't need to save our thingy.[/quote]
mesial

Post by mesial »

To be honest, I've been so busy lately, I haven't had a chance to really even begin on it. :(
Allegiance Terror Alert Level: HIGH