Anyone still Interested?

Discussion / Announcement area for Rock Paper Scissors Core development.
Drizzo

Post by Drizzo »

I was actually thinking about taking over RPS, maybe adding in any new factions that may come out (and naming their supership after current whores as well smile.gif)

I'm in the process of learning ICE, and unless this doesn't bode well with someone, I suppose I could update RPS...

*Edit* How can I contact Doc StrangeLove? Or is he even still around?
Last edited by Drizzo on Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Oct 16 2010, 02:48 AM) Interceptors are fun because without one, Drizzo would be physically incapable of entering a sector.
strike700

Post by strike700 »

AFAIK RPS has been declared *Finished*. Barring any major bugs of course.
Last edited by strike700 on Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently a California "cabin" is any place more than 4 blocks from a McDonalds.
Drizzo

Post by Drizzo »

Bah, alright. Topic closed (can an admin handle that?)
cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Oct 16 2010, 02:48 AM) Interceptors are fun because without one, Drizzo would be physically incapable of entering a sector.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

i started changing a few things in RPS (balance super ships a little, was going to get round to fixing the 5 gun crash caused by R2) but never finished it
Elephanthead

Post by Elephanthead »

RPS is probably one of the better cores, it is designed to have shorter games based on the fact that once you gain an economic advantage you gain a huge in game killing advantage, balance was never really worked out due to a lack of sample size.

Allegiance games should be around 30 to 40 minutes.
DrStrnglv

Post by DrStrnglv »

RPS is done, unless someone finds a major bug. Please do not update it and release it as RPS 5.6 or anything like that.

That said, you're free to do whatever you want with RPS. Copy the whole dang thing and call it "Drizzo's Core!" if you like. Give credit to me, Bacon, and whoever else you want.
Zwitter: I THEN PROCEEDED TO PWN EVERYONE ON MY TEAM FOR THEIR FAILURE.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

would tf ass figs causing crashes because you can no-longer have 5 guns on a ship count as a major bug?

my attempt to fix it involved creating a "dual gat " and "dual dis" guns which basically had double fire rate.

but i never got round to finishing it

i could give you my version so you can see what i've changed if you want (i mostly fiddled with super ships and the tf fig)
DrStrnglv

Post by DrStrnglv »

madpeople wrote:
QUOTE (madpeople @ Mar 12 2007, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
would tf ass figs causing crashes because you can no-longer have 5 guns on a ship count as a major bug?

my attempt to fix it involved creating a "dual gat " and "dual dis" guns which basically had double fire rate.

but i never got round to finishing it

i could give you my version so you can see what i've changed if you want (i mostly fiddled with super ships and the tf fig)

Thanks for clarifying what the 5 gun crash was. Yes, I would count that as a major bug ... in the new version of the game. doh.gif If you really want to make RPS uncrashable, do whatever you want and rerelease as a core with another name. I have no plans to update RPS.
Zwitter: I THEN PROCEEDED TO PWN EVERYONE ON MY TEAM FOR THEIR FAILURE.
KiteGeek

Post by KiteGeek »

MUHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA >:~) Evilll Ideas for this now come to mind.... Muahahahaaaa tongue.gif
Kite SRM's Expert NOOB! Image
Image To the drama we call ALLEGIANCE.
_SRM_Kite@SRM (That just feels right.)
Zwitter

Post by Zwitter »

My ship still better be alive in RPS.