Rix

A place to discuss user-created Allegiance 3D models, textures, images, and other visual ingame content.
Kap

Post by Kap »

Awesomeness
ImageImage
If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut. -- Albert Einstein
Quia

Post by Quia »

Look what you made me do, Mesial! I couldn't let you release a 'complete' rix base pack without the exp and tac. Four new bases for you all, the only one left now is the ref, I'll get around to it when I start working on caps, there are some similar elements. Or I'll shiny up some capships once I get the ref finished. Either way, you get more highres textures.
This pack has all the bases so far, including the bay texture. Download

Expansion Complex(Sweet looking rock courtesy of Adaven, go grab his hires rocks if you don't already have them, lack of original courtesy of lack of backup files)

Garrison(I hate those goddamn lights. It doesn't help that they're squashed to fit on the base the way they do.)

Shipyard(Still hate them. If they show up anywhere else I am going to shoot something)

Tactical Lab(There is no smarmy comment here.)
ImageImage
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

Very nice Quia!
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

Now I want to play Rix even more... I love those new texture, thank you very much. smile.gif
parcival

Post by parcival »

They look great!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
" There is good in everyone. You just need the eyes for it. "
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

Quia wrote:
QUOTE (Quia @ Feb 20 2008, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Garrison(I hate those goddamn lights. It doesn't help that they're squashed to fit on the base the way they do.)

i think it looks better if you include those rows of little yellow lights on the top. (thought the op could do with them too)

will have to see what the lights around the ring look like in game, from the image it looks like their edges might be a little too sharp (need a little blurring).
also, the edge of the ring may be a little too black, maybe make it a dark version of the top dark blue/green texture.

other than that, really quite awesome. (i was wanting more highres rix stuff yesterday and then this happens smile.gif )
Last edited by madpeople on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mesial

Post by mesial »

Sweet!
Rix base pack coming soon!
Allegiance Terror Alert Level: HIGH
Quia

Post by Quia »

Installation Note! These files -must- go into your artwork/textures folder in order to work. Not artwork/textures/images, or artwork, or artwork/dev, or what have you.

MDLView doesn't like text bmp.mdl's, so you get an game screenshot as a preview. (Hint hint nudge nudge. Anybody? wub.gif)

Download

Madp, something more like this? The mapping on the top is a little off, so they get warped.. but they were like that before anyways.

Download(If you've already got the Garr from the big base pack, you already have something almost identical, so don't bother unless you absolutely NEED to have some lights on the top of the garr. wink.gif)
The funny transparent base/miner textures in the screenshots will NOT appear on the versions you download. I fixed it, just didn't go back and take new screenshots.

Enjoy. smile.gif
ImageImage
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

Quia wrote:
QUOTE (Quia @ Mar 12 2008, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Madp, something more like this? The mapping on the top is a little off, so they get warped.. but they were like that before anyways.

i think that looks more polished smile.gif

my only comment was going to be the transparency due to over blackness, but you said you fixed that so its all good smile.gif
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

Once again: Wow.