Rix

A place to discuss user-created Allegiance 3D models, textures, images, and other visual ingame content.
mesial

Post by mesial »

...and I was going to ask if this had been tested yet, but didn't want to offend Quia. wub.gif

EDIT: Bard, you did put it in the artwork/Textures folder, right?
Last edited by mesial on Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allegiance Terror Alert Level: HIGH
Bard
Location: Within your command center, enacting fatal attacks upon your conscripts

Post by Bard »

Mesial wrote:
QUOTE (Mesial @ Apr 22 2008, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...and I was going to ask if this had been tested yet, but didn't want to offend Quia. wub.gif

EDIT: Bard, you did put it in the artwork/Textures folder, right?

No, just in artwork. The utl90 and fig15 files were in artwork, so I overwrote them.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Omnia Mutantur, Nihil Interit.
parcival

Post by parcival »

`yt! Quia! Great work!

Bard wrote:
QUOTE (Bard @ Apr 22 2008, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, just in artwork. The utl90 and fig15 files were in artwork, so I overwrote them.
Bad move. HighRez files always go to the textures folder. I don't know if this is causing the issue but you surely can't revert Alleg to a working state (unless you backed up your artwork folder smile.gif ).
Try putting these files to the textures folder too. See if this works.
Last edited by parcival on Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
" There is good in everyone. You just need the eyes for it. "
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

Quia wrote:
QUOTE (Quia @ Apr 22 2008, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These files need to go into Artwork/Textures, like the rest of the text mdl's/png's.

RTFM! tongue.gif

what causes it is the file path is also included in the text bmp.mdl

allegiance can't find the file because it is in the wrong place.
copying it to your art/textures should fix it, but if you set your alleg to run in 256*256 texture mode, then it will crash.

to fix that, you would have to find some suitable textures to go in your allegiance/artwork folder instead. (you could also try editing the bmp.mdl you put in your art folder to correct the path)
Last edited by madpeople on Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quia

Post by Quia »

The new png textures really do need to go into your textures folder to work, isn't not just to avoid overwriting your original files. Thus all the bolded notices on my releases since I switched to png's. wink.gif

To fix it, Bard, move the two png's into /textures, and leave the bmp.mdl's where they are. Allegiance doesn't really care where the bmp.mdl is, but it's looking in artwork/textures for the png. Not there, and it makes a nice boom as it crashes.
ImageImage
Bard
Location: Within your command center, enacting fatal attacks upon your conscripts

Post by Bard »

parcival wrote:
QUOTE (parcival @ Apr 22 2008, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you surely can't revert Alleg to a working state (unless you backed up your artwork folder smile.gif ).

I have three backups mrgreen.gif (With mods, without mods, and "experimental testing")
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Omnia Mutantur, Nihil Interit.
mesial

Post by mesial »

Bard wrote:
QUOTE (Bard @ Apr 22 2008, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have three backups mrgreen.gif (With mods, without mods, and "experimental testing")

Same here, but my "without mods" is split into two versions according to sound:

without mods/with WAV's
without mods/with OGG's
with mods/with OGG's
experimental/testing
Allegiance Terror Alert Level: HIGH
Quia

Post by Quia »

Shiiiiny!

Download These files must go in artwork/textures, or it will not work and your game will crash. smile.gif
ImageImage
Your_Persona

Post by Your_Persona »

Just to help resolve any confusion about the textures folder, here is how it works.

When allegiance attempts to load a file it checks if the file ends with "bmp.mdl". If it does it trys to load it from "/artwork/textures" folder. If it fails to successfully load the file, like didn't find it, then it will then try to load the file from just "/artwork".

So any bmp.mdl file you place in "/artwork/textures" will override the same bmp.mdl file that is residing in "/artwork".

Hope that solves some confusions.
-->>Elitism<<--
I'm not Hamlet. I don't take part any more. My words have nothing to tell me anymore.
Quia

Post by Quia »

Adding to that...

The reason the new bmp.mdl's(Read, pretty much everything I've released since I came back from my haitus.) have to go in artwork/textures is because the function 'ImportImageFromFile' looks for a file, with the path relative to the artwork folder, not the location of the bmp.md. So, if the line looks like this

ss94bmp = ImportImageFromFile("Textures/ss94.png", false);

It will look in artwork/textures for the png file. If the png isn't there, Allegiance crashes. There's no reason that the bmp.mdl can't go into your artwork folder.. but why you would want to override your default artwork with a little text file is beyond me.
ImageImage