Rix

A place to discuss user-created Allegiance 3D models, textures, images, and other visual ingame content.
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

BUGS! NICE work!
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
Dracus_Prime

Post by Dracus_Prime »

Really great textures. Although, as you had mentioned fixing the transperancy of the Garrison, the one side is fixed but the other is still transparrent. also that scout model has some transparancy. Just thought I'd let you know, but great job and I still use them because they are a million times better than the standard! On that note, does anyone else seem to have trouble docking at the rix sy? Maybe we ought have have LANS fix that, or someone that can code the geometry stuff.
-----
QUOTE (fuzzylunkin1)Oh my fuzz, you need a blog.[/quote]
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

I know its a bit of a pain, but here's how you can fix the transparency on your own if you feel adventurous. Go to your allegiance/artwork/textures folder. For the rix garr, open ss01.mdl in notepad and if you see a "true" change it to "false" and save. That will turn off the transparency effect. Same process for the other files.
Adept

Post by Adept »

Lovely stuff. Can't wait to have this in one installer pack.
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
Dracus_Prime

Post by Dracus_Prime »

There is one installer pack for the first four bases I belive, however it install them in the incorrect folder and for some reason it seems that moving them to the textures folder crashes the game at launch. I assume this is due to whatever protocol the installer pack uses but I can't say for sure, it could have been something else at my end as I have had trouble in general generating the common files pack (although it obviously works now). so... I forget where I was going with this but sure.

And thanks to Adaven, I should have looked into that.
Last edited by Dracus_Prime on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
-----
Quia

Post by Quia »

@#(!, I didn't know these still had issues with transparency. I'll see if I can't find my original files and whip up an all-inclusive pack with no crazy issues.

----

Full pack of the 13 rix textures I made, all with transparency OFF this time, damnit. I don't know how to make any fancy installers, so you'll have to deal with a rar file. I don't have a working install of Allegiance right now so they're not tested, but there's no reason they should crash anything if you follow the directions. :P

Instructions
Extract archive to %allegdir%\artwork\Textures\ NOT %allegdir%\artwork\

Contains
all Rixian bases
Miner
Constructor
Scout
Assault Ship

Download
Last edited by Quia on Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Dracus_Prime

Post by Dracus_Prime »

Yeah, the reason it crashed was because of something else I modded, but there was some transparency problems still. The new models look fine when flying in the game now, but for some reason on the loadout screen the ship models are transparent, but I think that is likely a problem with the interface and not the model itself (unless of course you lightened the colors).
-----
Compellor

Post by Compellor »

Quia, I've got a thread about issues with PNG support for ship models. As far as I can tell the only way to get transparency to act the way you want ingame is either to use real bmp.mdl files or to go through all the PNGs and change the black to dark gray for the parts that aren't supposed to be transparent (which is, what, everything but the IC/TF carrier?). You'll get better texture filtering with real MDLs too, though I know the file size is a pain for hosting and potentially for systems lacking in video memory.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
Beyond a shadow of a doubt if you don't watch them like a hawk they will stack their collective balls off - MrChaos on Alleg players