Dregh needs a little something

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
Gappy

Post by Gappy »

So while every faction has something that's substantially different than other factions (note luxy ships for giga, speed/omnis/tech-stealing and retaining for belters, crazy cheap @#(! for bios, Rix ownage, TF ownage, Nix/GT uniqueness, the only thing Dregh has to differentiate it is He3 mines and fast ships.

Now, while Dregh has 35% extra yield, everything costs 25% more, meaning that yield-wise, it gets 8% more bang for the he3 it pulls out. Secondly, this cost increase means that he3 mines give 25% less bang for the buck. Thirdly, the up-front cost of he3 mines is huge. It takes 16 minutes for an he3 mine to pay for the research, in addition to the 10 minutes that it takes every he3 mine to pay for itself.

My suggestions would be to either lower the cost of the up-front research to something like 7500, and individual mine cost to 4000 to make it a little more bearable, or to change it so that even though the up-front research is the same, lower the cost to 3000, lower the bonus to, say, 500, but make it so that you can have 2 he3 mine constructors out. A faster build cycle would also help make them useful.
We've upped our standards. Up yours.
Ozricosis

Post by Ozricosis »

Dreg missle bonuses, Energy bonuses and signature bonus. People always forget that Dreg is a missle faction. *sigh*

Quite often I see commanders waste money on he3 mines after they buy a techbase.

Trust me on this when I say that buying advanced tech and focusing on a good economy while playing dreg will net you better results than trying to get he3 mines.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

Dreg is special enough, their adv figs are bad ass.
Gappy

Post by Gappy »

Ozricosis wrote:
QUOTE (Ozricosis @ Jan 5 2007, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Trust me on this when I say that buying advanced tech and focusing on a good economy while playing dreg will net you better results than trying to get he3 mines.

In the current form of he3 mines, you're absolutely right. But why have research that is supposed to be a faction perk if it never gets used in anything but late-game against exp.

Dregh also has a signature penalty, not a bonus.
We've upped our standards. Up yours.
Ozricosis

Post by Ozricosis »

Because that is what special mines are for? When I see a Dreg comm get a techbase and buy he3 mines instead of adv tech I just leave. Same thing with Giga.

I think what needs to be perked is teamwork and competency. tongue.gif
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

people get he mines BEFORE adv tech?

LOL

get your adv tech up first, then if your running out of places to mine get your he mines.
guitarism

Post by guitarism »

well madp, tell that to the loads of com's who think they can do that and still win. Dreg is a missile faction, and a speed faction. SF's whore and Adv Figs whore Righteously.
FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 28 2011, 04:56 PM) After Slap I use Voltaire for light reading.
CronoDroid wrote:QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Jan 23 2009, 07:46 PM) If you're going to go GT, go Exp, unless you're Gooey. But Gooey is nuts.
QUOTE [20:13] <DasSmiter> I like to think that one day he logged on and accidentally clicked his way to the EoR forum
[20:13] <DasSmiter> And his heart exploded in a cloud of fury[/quote]
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

The sad thing is sometimes those people do win.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

Shizoku wrote:
QUOTE (Shizoku @ Jan 7 2007, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The sad thing is sometimes those people do win.

but what did the other team do?
push op to their own home?

perhaps the dreg teak killed miners with their enh figs while the other team was exp trying to get htts. by the time they have htts, dreg has 3 or 4 he mines?
Lt_Duong_

Post by Lt_Duong_ »

Even if its mainly missle and speed based, where does that leave dreg exp? I never really see their htts get used...