Hires News

Discussion area for user-created Allegiance models, textures, voicechats, music, and other ingame content.
Zapper

Post by Zapper »

Hires News
Update and small info.

Small history
Since this project started there are three faction with WIP(Work In Progress) status.
At the moment we believe that 2 faction will be ready for the next release, that can handle these Hires textures.
I cant say which faction since all have been working hard to try and finish just one. In fact all three faction with WIP status could be done...

Update, 13 Jan 2007
Quia is added to the list of artist.
Bios is on the Help wanted list

Info, 17 Dec 2006
New post with a full list of files

Info, 6 Dec 2006
Added a Texture output format.

Info, 4 Dec 2006
Zapper and Adaven swap faction cause Adaven wanted to start the IC ships.
A new guy Endri have asked to help.
Hes is looking on the Bios faction.

Help needed
We still need someone to handle the Bios Faction.
Send a PM to Zapper if u wish to help, he got the Files that are needed.
We still need someone to handle the Rixian faction
The Rix faction is started by Quia.

Known artist who has confirmed they work on the project:
Adaven
Raveen
Vlad13
Zapper
Endri
Quia

So u like to Help...
U need to be able to handle all the aspect of this project:
  • Converting the textures for test.
  • Knowledge about colour depth in BMP files.
  • Test ingame on a server.
  • Common knowledge about graphics programs.
The list contain elements that can cause problems in the process, they are discussed
in the many thread's in this part of the forum, so ur not lost if dont know it all.

If u liked to add a helping hand to this project please send Zapper a PM.
He got the Resampled hires textures for download.
Check the sticky for tools and other stuff used in this project.
Read the Original post for in depth information regarding this project. THIS ANSWER MOST QUESTIONS

Texture output format
The file shall at present be:
Primary:
16bit depth, bitmap, *.bmp, size(2048x2048), res:72dpi
Secondary(optionel):
16bit depth, bitmap, *.bmp, size(1024x1024), res:72dpi

Why 1024 or 2048??
Well the Original shall be 2048, this can be resized to 1024.
The 2048 size is the primary target since this is what the Graphic engine can handle.
But there is still some old Gfx card user's in our community that would like to be able to see the beauty of our
work so we will either resize the Original 2048 to 1024 or simply make 2 separate sets.
I recommend the resize solution, since the result cant be seen with the naked eye

Any question are welcome either as a PM to Zapper or as a post.

Zapper
Last edited by Zapper on Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life suck's and then u play Alleg.
-.. ..- -.- . -. ..- -.- . .----. . -- .. ... - .... . --. .-. . .- - . ... -
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

I can be pretty certain that the Belters bases will not be ready for the next release. Work is progressing as and when I have a spare moment but it'll be a while yet.
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

Raveen wrote:
QUOTE (Raveen @ Dec 4 2006, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can be pretty certain that the Belters bases will not be ready for the next release. Work is progressing as and when I have a spare moment but it'll be a while yet.

That's why I was wanting to start collabing w/ people. I know that I can't finish a complete ship/station texture. I just don't get any ideas of what to do w/ certain parts. However there are little things I look at and think "oh yeah I could do something like this...". What might be really easy for Zap to do might be really hard for me, and vice versa. I think it'd be cool if we all posted our project files periodically so that everyone can do a quick look through and see if there's something not finished they could do easily. I've got to tidy some stuff up first then I'll post what I've got if anyone is interested in playing around w/ it.
Last edited by Adaven on Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

use one of these?
Zapper

Post by Zapper »

madpeople wrote:
QUOTE (madpeople @ Dec 5 2006, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
use one of these?

We wait for the material to mature, and since the access to the repository is the same for all users there is an access policy that apply to coders and i'm not in that category. So it's my fault if any, that we don't use the repository more actively. Anyway we cant utilize any of the function in the repository, cause its only apply to text files, any we don't do text smile.gif
But if anyone got a running DAM that can handle binary repository, or just a licens to an alienbrain server, sure ill drop my stuff there.

As of the FTP access we wait for the a full faction before we drop any stuff.
And if any one got a problem with storage I have plenty of room on my webserver.

So for short: Madp Relax! art cant be rushed, but some artist are faster then others.
Last edited by Zapper on Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

cant be rushed, but can be made more efficient.

talknig on ftp, anyone got a ftp accounts you could all share?

just give the username + password to people you want to have access, upload files you want to share `ro ??
Last edited by madpeople on Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zapper

Post by Zapper »

@Madp
I apriciate ur concern but we got all that we need..
Participant grab the file.zip from me and proceed with the job if they wish to in the time they can afford.
Participant dont get direct access to the files unless they send me a PM.
Anachy is fine but we need to know who want to work on which part in the project, anachy or not.

So if u have the time i would like u to go out and grab a couple of art students and force them to work...

I have made a promise to Dog that we got 2 factions ready for Christmas...

Zapper
Zapper

Post by Zapper »

PS: we need more manpower.. thats all we need.

Zap
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

okay so just to make it official, My plate currently contains: Cleaning up the generic rocks (done, just need to post), Environments, cleaning up the giga launch bay I started, and some IC stuff, starting with the turbine/rotors on most of the ships.

Feeling in a mood to drive Zapper crazy, I'm going to continue playing musical chairs, and also call dibs on the Rix int, with a rare possibility of expanding into the other cortex like aspects of the faction. I got a late night inspiration for the cortex stuff. It seems my best my best texture ideas come when I should be studying for exams, procrastination ftw.

Very very rough test of different cortex methods:
Rix Int Test
Zapper

Post by Zapper »

Adaven wrote:
QUOTE (Adaven @ Dec 6 2006, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Feeling in a mood to drive Zapper crazy

Good point, I would like to call it temporary insanity in the act of acknowledgement of this project. smile.gif

Adaven wrote:
QUOTE (Adaven @ Dec 6 2006, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Feeling in a mood to drive Zapper crazy, I'm going to continue playing musical chairs, and also call dibs on the Rix int, with a rare possibility of expanding into the other cortex like aspects of the faction. I got a late night inspiration for the cortex stuff. It seems my best my best texture ideas come when I should be studying for exams, procrastination ftw.

Go easy on Rix, go for the "main/basic" textures and then "test" to see if it work.. If it works on the Pod and the Battleship.. then ur ½ way there.
Maybe make 2-3 different textures so u can make some variation..

Uhmm.. please, finish the environment's. They are priority, when they are done we got the basics done.
If u have the time, plz sleep wink.gif

PS: plz start a RIX thread otherwise this thread would be flooded.. by crazy people and brain surgeons asking for permission to "dig in" ninja.gif

PSS: the link is "dead"

Thx
Zapper