Ah Memories...

Allegiance discussion not belonging in another forum.
solap

Post by solap »

HSharp wrote:QUOTE (HSharp @ Jun 11 2012, 08:52 AM) Spidey ended up as a high class male gigolo in Manhattan and Bacon decided to live the life of a hermit every summer.
Not surprised about Spidey. I live in CT now--I'll have to look him up. Wait, um...

And Bacon a hermit. So a stealth bomber becomes a unabomber? Got it.

:)
solap

Post by solap »

//We named a server after you.

I'd heard that and am honored. :)

The heroes are the people who keep the community alive now. That's what amazes me.
j0akes

Post by j0akes »

It's sad to see this game die out. I keep hopeing it'll get revived. But Alleg has been dying a slow death from the moment it was born.

Hey if anyone becomes a game designer in the future, remake allegiance.
Streaming all game now till forever. Twtich.tv/The_Nerd_Sweeper

$#@! @#(! up Till the END of time.
TangoVictor

Post by TangoVictor »

j0akes wrote:QUOTE (j0akes @ Jun 11 2012, 11:24 AM) It's sad to see this game die out. I keep hopeing it'll get revived. But Alleg has been dying a slow death from the moment it was born.

Hey if anyone becomes a game designer in the future, remake allegiance.
SHH DAMMIT IF YOU DON'T SAY IT IT WON'T HAPPEN.
Dome wrote:QUOTE (Dome @ Dec 12 2012, 05:09 AM) I thought Tango was a 35 y/o Virginian tobacco farmer before I found out he's the same age as my sister. =P
blake420 wrote:QUOTE (blake420 @ Feb 16 2013, 04:42 AM) bah, you can't just take the asl and like it? fine you are demoted to TangoVictor's personal concubine.
"You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not" -John Lennon
qqmwoarplox

Post by qqmwoarplox »

"its old" doesnt cut it

ever looked at quake3/live?
counter strike?

merge some squads until only 2/3 are left to increase competetiveness~
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

Everything is dying a slow death from the moment it is born.

But $#@! me if it's going to happen today, or tomorrow.
Image Image Image
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan ("The Lives of the Stars" ep. 9 Cosmos)
Rants Blog Cadillac, *Wurflet@Event, ?GoldDragon@Alleg, ^Biggus*#$@us@XT, +Ashandarei@Zone
j0akes

Post by j0akes »

Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Jun 11 2012, 12:00 PM) Everything is dying a slow death from the moment it is born.

But $#@! me if it's going to happen today, or tomorrow.
AMEN.
Allegiance will go down swinging. :fight:
Streaming all game now till forever. Twtich.tv/The_Nerd_Sweeper

$#@! @#(! up Till the END of time.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

solap wrote:QUOTE (solap @ Jun 11 2012, 07:41 AM) Thanks Spunk. Feeling nostalgic. :) Hope you're well. Great to see Allegiance still going strong!
12 years, still here! :) What does that tell you... to this day it amazes me how you guys just decided to write a game, out of nowhere, and totally nailed the gameplay. What are the chances?

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

solap

Post by solap »

Spunkmeyer wrote:QUOTE (Spunkmeyer @ Jun 11 2012, 06:39 PM) 12 years, still here! :) What does that tell you... to this day it amazes me how you guys just decided to write a game, out of nowhere, and totally nailed the gameplay. What are the chances?
Speaking of chances, did anyone ever see the Allegiance "trading cards?" lol. They were a stupid gimmick someone thought of to help sell the initial retail boxes (yes, there were actually retail boxes). I found an old copy of them rummaging through some stuff last week. Also found the original Powerpoint we used to pitch the game. :)
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

solap wrote:QUOTE (solap @ Jun 11 2012, 06:57 PM) Speaking of chances, did anyone ever see the Allegiance "trading cards?" lol. They were a stupid gimmick someone thought of to help sell the initial retail boxes (yes, there were actually retail boxes). I found an old copy of them rummaging through some stuff last week. Also found the original Powerpoint we used to pitch the game. :)
I was not aware of this, but at one time a few people semi-almost-seriously tried to make an Allegiance card game. I guess they weren't that far off the mark after all...
Last edited by Adaven on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.