Ah Memories...

Allegiance discussion not belonging in another forum.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Wish I still had my original alleg gear
There's a new sheriff in town.
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

solap wrote:QUOTE (solap @ Jun 11 2012, 06:57 PM) Speaking of chances, did anyone ever see the Allegiance "trading cards?" lol. They were a stupid gimmick someone thought of to help sell the initial retail boxes (yes, there were actually retail boxes). I found an old copy of them rummaging through some stuff last week. Also found the original Powerpoint we used to pitch the game. :)
Sounds like you had at least one Magic:The Gathering guy running around the office... I think back then they were pretty common, popping up all over. Yours just happened to appear in marketing... with a budget!

I rember those, and I think I have my one, and the three that came with Age of Empires II as well... (maybe it was the same marketing guy?)
ImageImage
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

Allegiance will never die. Im making it popular in Brazil.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
Duckwarrior

Post by Duckwarrior »

solap wrote:QUOTE (solap @ Jun 12 2012, 12:57 AM) Speaking of chances, did anyone ever see the Allegiance "trading cards?" lol. They were a stupid gimmick someone thought of to help sell the initial retail boxes (yes, there were actually retail boxes). I found an old copy of them rummaging through some stuff last week. Also found the original Powerpoint we used to pitch the game. :)
Never did.

I did print off and make Stain Rat's Cut & Fold IC pod a few years ago though.

The thing that scares me a little is that people who weren't even born when we started playing the game, are older than some of the people we were playing the game with, were back then.
Last edited by Duckwarrior on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable. John F. Kennedy.
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

Archangelus wrote:QUOTE (Archangelus @ Jun 12 2012, 06:05 AM) Allegiance will never die. Im making it popular in Brazil.
huehuehuehue

:bang:

I'll bloody kill it myself first! :lol:
Image Image Image
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan ("The Lives of the Stars" ep. 9 Cosmos)
Rants Blog Cadillac, *Wurflet@Event, ?GoldDragon@Alleg, ^Biggus*#$@us@XT, +Ashandarei@Zone
JimmyNighthawk

Post by JimmyNighthawk »

Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Jun 12 2012, 09:22 PM) I'll bloody kill it myself first! :lol:
... you do ... :P
Beschenkt die Starken!
Schröpft die Schwachen,
und die Armen schlagt ans Kreuz!

Wir hängen nicht am Leben,
doch an einem Traum!
Thalgor

Post by Thalgor »

solap wrote:QUOTE (solap @ Jun 11 2012, 07:57 PM) Speaking of chances, did anyone ever see the Allegiance "trading cards?" lol. They were a stupid gimmick someone thought of to help sell the initial retail boxes (yes, there were actually retail boxes). I found an old copy of them rummaging through some stuff last week. Also found the original Powerpoint we used to pitch the game. :)
I still got BOTH my retail boxes, AND the beta CD and paperwork that came with it :D
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Dorjan

Post by Dorjan »

solap wrote:QUOTE (solap @ Jun 11 2012, 11:57 PM) Speaking of chances, did anyone ever see the Allegiance "trading cards?" lol. They were a stupid gimmick someone thought of to help sell the initial retail boxes (yes, there were actually retail boxes). I found an old copy of them rummaging through some stuff last week. Also found the original Powerpoint we used to pitch the game. :)
You must scan them for us!
I decided to relive the days gone by in my new blog.
---
Remember, what I say is IMO always. If I say that something sucks, it actually means "I think it sucks" OK?
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Jan 31 2012, 03:09 PM) True story.

Except the big about dorjan being jelly, that's just spidey's ego.
ImageImage
yiggz

Post by yiggz »

Bacon wrote:QUOTE (Bacon @ Apr 8 2012, 10:32 AM) You know, I think what made Alleg so special and SO addictive in it's prime was that there was plenty of opportunity for anybody on the team to become the hero. You might be playing a game with 60 other people in it, but you had the power and the capability to do something so !@#$ing awesome that it could turn an otherwise hopeless, #resign-worthy game around. Alleg was a Hero Simulator... everybody who's been here since AZ/FZ days (and many more!) has been the "Big !@#$ing Hero" at some point in time. We've all magically slipped into an enemy sector uneyed and capped the enemy exp when everybody else was stuck camping or dogfighting in some contested sector, or lead an SB attack 3 sectors away from the nearest friendly OP and gotten the last, winning missile off a fraction of a second before some int whore pods you, or racked up a 43kb by being a total badass and fending off half of the other team as they try to take your forward attack ref. Or having a quiet, but very, VERY intense competition with somebody for most kills in the game (G, G, G, G). We've all done it (some more than others =P), but that feeling of recognition and knowing that YOU turned the tide of the game was what made Alleg something special.

I remember being on my psp reading the Datanet transmissions... They were my bedtime stories and they made me want to play more so maybe one day my name would be up there with these Legends of Alleg. I read from as far back as I could go. Heck I thought here is an mmo that has no ending to the story and is constantly changing and I didn't have to grind for fecking weeks before I felt like I could usefull.

The first time I pressed R by mistake and I watched the countdown and all that sparkly blue stuff, then BOOM I was in another sector... In the back of my mind I was like did I just teleport and if I did that was $#@!ING EPIIIIC. Straight in to esc-g-c to find out what button it was, after I found that out I was ripping everywhere I could. Going through an aleph for the first time also gave me that tingly feeling, although I avoided them for quite a while thinking they would damage my ship...

Asking to be commander and getting told I should learn to fly and raise my rank first... then commanding against some vet and totally dominating them with Bios.
Terran

Post by Terran »

yiggz wrote:QUOTE (yiggz @ Jun 18 2012, 04:09 PM) then commanding against some vet and totally dominating them with Bios.
:lol:
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]