GT in GoDII?

Discussion / Announcement area for Good Old Days II Core development.
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

I am thinking about adding GT into the GoD Core.
Under which conditions would you accept them?

I don't like special techs like lasers, blossoms, Flagship and so on. My idea would be reintroducing them without all that special stuff.
pkk

Post by pkk »

Grimmwolf_GB wrote:
QUOTE (Grimmwolf_GB @ Oct 19 2006, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am thinking about adding GT into the GoD Core.
Under which conditions would you accept them?

I don't like special techs like lasers, blossoms, Flagship and so on. My idea would be reintroducing them without all that special stuff.

Which kind of GT you wanna add?
  • Pali requiered for enh techbases
  • Pali requiered for adv techbases
  • pali requiered to update techbases
The following techs are not used by GT:
blossoms -> Nix
Flagship -> TF
laser -> Nix

GT special tech:
PulseLaser
Zeus missile
GaussCanon
LtSigCloak
MiniDis
HTT with higher mass/more hitpoints
Mustang
Corvette (PT bomber)
Guardian (piloted SC tower)
HoD
EPW Skipper? Canon (Destroyer)
Last edited by pkk on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

pkk, the techs mentioned were an example for special techs. smile.gif
I am not sure about how to implement it. That's why i asked for opinions.
Dengaroth

Post by Dengaroth »

Personally, I don't really want to see "special tech" factions, and GT is definitely one of them. If you absolutely must have that, take something away in exchange (like Rix).

Seeing how the entirety of GT's theme pretty much is "special techs", I'd say don't even bother implementing it.
RT: The number of typical responses decreases exponentially as the number of joke options increases.
pkk

Post by pkk »

You can use the Palisade, as a requierment for tech bases, while you drop all other GT special tech. Look at BIOS, they build adv techbases instand of updating them.
Last edited by pkk on Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
Paradigm2

Post by Paradigm2 »

I am completely against this... GT is the most unbalanced faction to be introduced and even in the latest additions of current cores it hasn't been made right. I think it goes against the spirit of the core as well.

Before adding more factions, we should probably tweak the core a bit more to address some of the current concerns... for example the dreg models give them an undue advantage as Exp (skinny ints, great mounts, small scouts). As far as that goes, you could either nerf the models, or nerf the faction.... but to avoid derailing, let me just say I personally don't want GT in GoD.
-Paradigm2
Pook

Post by Pook »

I agree with the other guys.

I went a little "extreme" with PCII by even removing Rix - but yeah the whole "This special feature makes this faction unique" usually is just PR-speak for "This special feature makes this faction imbalanced".

Ok now, serious question:

Is there really any A+ development anymore? Should we just rename this forum to the GODII forum? I don't want to rain on anyone's parade if they are in fact still trying to get the next release out, but it's been a REALLY LONG time so I have to wonder.
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

Keep the opinions coming... I am still making up my mind. smile.gif
Pook

Post by Pook »

Hey man I don't work here anymore.

(lol)

Still the second half of a serious question - do we even need forums for things like A+ and RPS?

Also I'm concerned about setting up a "God" forum. Could you rename your core? wink.gif