GT in GoDII?

Discussion / Announcement area for Good Old Days II Core development.
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

Paradigm2, the only difference with the mounted nan: One more probe or prox 2. That is the advantage of a GT scout. You should ALWAYS have a nan in your scout, no matter what. There is no reason NOT to bring a nan in your scout and there a plenty of reasons to bring it along.
Dengaroth

Post by Dengaroth »

Grimmwolf_GB wrote:
QUOTE (Grimmwolf_GB @ Oct 20 2006, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Paradigm2, the only difference with the mounted nan: One more probe or prox 2.

You sorta forgot about the five seconds it takes all other factions' scouts to switch from gat to nan and vice versa. Which is a pretty huge advantage.
RT: The number of typical responses decreases exponentially as the number of joke options increases.
Pook

Post by Pook »

Actually it's dependent on the number of newbies on your team.

If you're all vets, its an advantage.

If you've got newbies - they're very likely nanning the same targets that they're shooting.

wink.gif
Paradigm2

Post by Paradigm2 »

Grimm, you say "you should always take a nan with you" but you must be an eternal optimist, because if you've ever commanded you know that maybe 2 out of your 10 scouts take a nan with them. What i'm saying is that GT rewards foolish scouts who can now save miners even though they would have forgot to bring an extra nan (as in they're flying around randomly when the miner gets attacked-- this happens all the time). I'm not talking how it "should be" I'm talking how it is.

PKK, all other factions do not do that. Giga can't build two outposts at once, so they use refs instead... miners can't dock or repair at refs, defenders can't launch from refs. Giga miners get raped in their ref sectors.

Now what I was trying to say is that if you did build only outposts with Giga, you would have a more DEFENDABLE economy (not necessarily better). That is what GT has, the most Defendable economy, and that's why you see maybe 1 gt miner die a game against a good commander. However, Giga has to wait for each outpost to build before you can build another. GT can have an outpost and other important base building simultaneously, and often does (Outpost and Pala or OP and Tech). Giga's techbases cannot be offloaded at.

I'm guessing since you guys are arguing against me that you don't believe me that GT's economy is a little imbalanced... which means you didn't command against Aarm (someone who has perfected using the best tactics to his advantage) for a whole summer where he showed it every single game.

Since I doubt I can convince you guys otherwise, even though the evidence is there, I do want to convince you that there is absolutely no reason they should have built in nans (baby-steps).

I think its safe to agree with me that GT is the most Defendable economy in the game. So if you agree on that point, then the only reason for the scouts to have built-in nans is because "its just a little perk, it doesn't make much of a difference" or if you're just used to it and don't want to forget to switch to nans once it is taken away.

I say that it does make a huge difference, and even if it doesn't that is no reason for an undue perk.
-Paradigm2
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

Paradigm, I am still not sure I want GT in GoD. And I fully agree, the DN GT has an insane economy. There is no doubt about that. I don't know how GT is on A+. I would most likely base the new GT on that core instead of DN GT.

Please, keep your input coming. I would love to add a new faction into GoD and GT is the only one already available, that looks balancable.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

which means you didn't command against Aarm (someone who has perfected using the best tactics to his advantage) for a whole summer where he showed it every single game.[/quote]

OK, so you are extrapolating from the results on DN..

I'm not saying none of the same concerns applies to A+, but the faction balance is more than subtly different.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Orion

Post by Orion »

Grimmwolf_GB wrote:
QUOTE (Grimmwolf_GB @ Oct 20 2006, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please, keep your input coming. I would love to add a new faction into GoD and GT is the only one already available, that looks balancable.

Well idk about the 'looks balancable', but you could also add Effix.
Paradigm2

Post by Paradigm2 »

Grimm, if you're going to add it for sure, I think we can remedy some of the concerns brought up here. But I must say that the miner docking must be fixed as well as the door models before it is implemented. I know someone was fixing it, so maybe it is already done for us.

If you add GT, there is something to be said about some of their extra tech... I think the techpath specific tech should stay in, but the extra ships should be removed (Mustangs, PT Bombers (corvettes?), and Guardians).

Zues missles, Mini-Disrupter, etc. are not really all that cheesy and should be allowed as long as we can fix their economy.

Personally, I think if you fix the Miner docking, remove the scout nan, and change their tech to cost "normal" (25000 for techbase upgrade, 5k for a normal tech, etc.) they will be pretty balanced off the bat.
-Paradigm2
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

The issue has come up again, what are the current opinions on this?
AaronMoore

Post by AaronMoore »

Personally, I would love to see GT in GODII.

I think removing the special tech and ships is a good idea, or just the special ships if the econ is balanced.

I understand Paradign's point. As much as I love GT scouts, having a nan automatically mouted is a large, and in my opinion, uncessary advantage.

I would love to see GT in GODII, and GODII used for large Zone Games.

Great work Grim!
Thanks Spunkmeyer and Orion for GT!

wub.gif