soo..

Discussion / Announcement area for PookCore II (PC2) development.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

with pook saying he has gone, is anyone taking over pook core. or is pook core finished, balanced, and needs no further changes? (unless a bug is discovered, then a random developer may make a patched version)

i am not volunteering taking over
Pook

Post by Pook »

I'm retiring as the administrator. I'll still be "around", sighting me will be slightly less hard than sighting bigfoot or the loch ness monster.

The concept for PCII was to build a stable platform and then turn it over to the community. I wish that Grimm had simply taken PCII to build on rather than GOD.. now we have 2 "alternative cores".

Right now there hasn't been much going on, because there aren't many people playing... and before that, there wasn't much that people spoke up to say was broken.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

right, i was gonig to add in my post
"or will pook still lurk in the background and do stuff with the core"
but then thought it may be hopeing for a bit much since you had gone to spend more time with family and wouldnt be playing.

well, nice to know your not really gone, just invisible.
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

Sorry, Pook... :( I like Dreg and A+7.
Psychosis

Post by Psychosis »

PC2> GoD.

please continue, because your core at least trys for balance across the tech paths....
Pook

Post by Pook »

Right now there hasn't been much going on, because there aren't many people playing... and before that, there wasn't much that people spoke up to say was broken.[/quote]
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

I'll take it on the basis that I can add rix! mrgreen.gif
Pook

Post by Pook »

As you know I always intended to add Rix - I just don't want to add Microsoft's Rix.

The models, the flight model, the extra gun instead of missiles, etc...
I guess I should start a conversation on "What's wrong with Rix"... i.e. what are those parts of Rix that are the biggest pains in the ass when it comes to trying and balance it against other factions.

My examples:

- Smallrip Scouts.
- Pods (Combat / Base, not Rescue wink.gif)
- HTTs that kill bases.
Last edited by Pook on Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

My solution:

Lack of missiles - add an extra gun to all adv ships (joking), maybe increase the pw dmg, though that effects a lot of stuff, so perhaps just slightly.
Small rip scouts - Scouts that can carry teleprobe .5, that only small rip types can rip to, be interersting to see factions steal this.
HTT's - I don't really see this as a problem, they have troubles being pushed and other problems. I'd like to keep this, perhaps give them a new gun that does more damage to sheilds and a minuit amount to base hull.
Pods - I still see this as something cool and unique, perhaps lowering the damage of station drones so more teamwork is required. Raise the base sig of all stealth craft similar to what was done in dn perhaps. I'd be open to suggestions on this of course.
Last edited by Shizoku on Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psychosis

Post by Psychosis »

you could give the SB's guns like tf? that or a weakened station drone... that or crank up the activation time on the station drones, giving the D longer times to kill them.

and just THINKING about an adv SF with 3 snipers just gave me a hard-on.