Sorry

Discussion / Announcement area for Star Wars Core (SWC) development.
KiteGeek

Post by KiteGeek »

Hi Weedman and everyone,

I saw this and well... Got to thinking, I had started a while back before my old puter crapped out (HD died). I had X-wing, A Wing, Tie-Fighter, M-Falcon, and was almost done with the DeathStar... Well, while the CVH/Hit box thing will need to be better understood, and the Bones/Joints thing for guns and turrets/weapons... I bet with help from others here we can make this happen. smile.gif

Check out the only model I have left O,o But, it is a ship we do not have now smile.gif and the DeathStar a big ball.... Meh, I can make that smile.gif O,o I just cant squeeze it into the game yet. smile.gif

Weedman, I will take this on and get it finished for everyone. smile.gif I will need help with it though so please look at the model first and let me know what you think smile.gif
Ugh cant make the links work O,o Ok my model is under Artwork Dev... Sorry about lack of link
Last edited by KiteGeek on Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kite SRM's Expert NOOB! Image
Image To the drama we call ALLEGIANCE.
_SRM_Kite@SRM (That just feels right.)
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

Awesome. smile.gif
n.b. I may not see a forum post replied to me or a pm sent to me for weeks and weeks...
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

Kite, im willing to give you a hand with the ICE stuff, like adding stuff into the game.
KiteGeek

Post by KiteGeek »

cool.gif SWEET! Also I will keep the spirit of the community and why we can even mod this game.... I will do this for FREE of course.

Apoch, that would be outstanding. As for any other help anyone wants to offer please do, and of course all will get full credit.

Weedman I will PM you askinf to the core. smile.gif

Kite Z Geek tongue.gif
Adam4

Post by Adam4 »

Any help required with ICE, I will gladly take on, and that will take the workload off Apoch a bit.

--Adam
Lyncor

Post by Lyncor »

You could always use an asteroid as a base model for the death star and work from there. mrgreen.gif

Personally, I'd like to see more factions. Just Rebel and Empire leaves a bit to be desired - where is the Trade Federation, the Clone Army of the Republic..?

More complexity of tech paths would also be great, as it facilitates a higher level of strategy.
New Zealand's icecream is some of the best in the world. Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth being podded for?
KiteGeek

Post by KiteGeek »

WOW, nice ideas and good help here. smile.gif

Ok, Weed and I are talking about things at this time. It seems that the core is not just a one person thing. I mean there is a team of other people that have been helping Weed with this, and Weed also had some things he hopes to see done with the core. If the other people involved would be willing to help me (us as well) and I can insure that Weed's visions for this core are carried out. I thinks we will have an AWESOME core.

Currently the big issue's are the CAP SHIPS. Well, all I need are names of these big ships and where I can find a head on, and side veiw, maybe top and bottom and backside of them.... I can turn that into Models. smile.gif Seems that the CVH/Hit boxes/Joints/Weapon mounts/Turrets are some big deals...

Well All I need is one ship from in game that I can open with Milkshape as I do have that program as well, with all those things in place... I can figure out how they work... And, then I can make most ANY model ready for input into the game. smile.gif Weed has asked me to do up my M-Falcon, and send it to him for this core... NOW THAT ROCKS smile.gif

But, I will need just one (ANY) ship from in game I can open with milkshape. For some reason I can not get the milkshape converter to work on my puter. :( I will try again... But, if I can get Weed the M-Falcon, I think it will help him see that I can take on the task of getting the CAP ships for the game ready. Also what on earth is scaling? I gues having one game ship would really help for that. smile.gif

About the Death Star, lol making the shape is purdy easy.... A ball/globe, cut an area out to get it that dimple.... Make a trench... (Where the X-Wings flew into.... To give an idea of the size of this thing Play the Map DUNE in a game.... Go to the middle where DUNE is and see the HE3 roid... HUGE right planet sized like the Death Star.... O,o so imagine something like this in game tongue.gif

OK, I think it would need to be big but not that huge.... But you get the idea.... It was made in space as a planet sized ship... So it will need to be even bigger than Effix's Big Cap ship to impose a feeling of being HUGE.... smile.gif

So if ANYONE has a ship they either made for ingame use that is complete and ready to be imported into the game.... Minus renaming files and such.... PLEASE let me know smile.gif I can give you my G-Mail addy and I can get cooking smile.gif

Thanks,

Kite
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

Kite, talk to the guys at www.xwaupgrade.com - that's where Weed got his awesome models and I'm sure they'd be happy to help you too. If you post there I'll be sure to back you up.

They should be able to supply you with any fighters you need and most cap ships too. After that I'd look into the Warlords mod for Homeworld 2.

For the Death Star you'll never be able to make it even close to big enough to be in scale to the rest of the ships (a standards Imperial Star Destroyer is likely to be game breakingly large in Alleg, let alone a Death Star). My suggestion is to make some Death Star surface models which act like asteroids in Alleg. Make a custom map with a large, flat surface as an asteroid in the lower half of the sector and bingo, a Death Star surface encounter. Make one with a trench and you have the prospect of much fun.
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

When I said scaling I referred to making the ship size look correct with regards to the engine thrusters and lights. A small ship with huge engine thrusters looks rediculous.

You need AMT tools Kite. Put those files in your milkshape directory and you will see the AMT Allegiance tool. You must use that tool to import an allegiance model mdl, then you can see what the joints look like
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
KiteGeek

Post by KiteGeek »

Sweet smile.gif I will get Milkshape and the AMT thingy and check it out ASAP. smile.gif And I will also look into that web site Rav, that sounds outstanding. smile.gif

Thanks again Weed,

Kite

PS: Cause I do want the M-Falcon in game. That I think would rock. smile.gif

Update>Edit: I just went to the Website Rav.... Not yet posted, but I will be soon. DANG SWEET SITE!!! I Bookemarked them. Thanks smile.gif
EDIT round 2 tongue.gif
Ok, I have AWESOME news Weedman and all. I got my MS up and the AMT thingy WORKS!!! I got a model to open from the artwork file of Alleg. smile.gif

And, found the joints to look at.... MUHAHAHAHA smile.gif Many, many thanks for that help. smile.gif
Last edited by KiteGeek on Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.