GodII v3

Discussion / Announcement area for Good Old Days II Core development.
Dengaroth

Post by Dengaroth »

Idanmel wrote:
QUOTE (Idanmel @ Sep 30 2006, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The rix stingers are a bit overpowered as Camaro demonstrated in game, it took him a really short time to destroy my garr with stinger1. It was done in about 3rd the time that ab1 would do it.

Are you certain (read as: "Did you measure the time")? Calculations say the times are epsilon-equivalent between DN and GoD2 (and actually DN's is stronger, as DN's Stinger2 is equivalent to GoD2's Stinger3, damage-wise). It's funny how differently you perceive the rate of damage when it's continuous, as opposed to discrete (i.e. stinger shots compated to missiles). The continuous source of damage seems much quicker, even though it's not. Grab a stopwatch, see for yourself.

Code: Select all

TTK for starbase (DN)
-------------------------
Stinger1     38,40157006
Stinger2     21,2270026

TTK for starbase (GoD2)
-------------------------
Stinger1     38,36291248
Stinger2     26,28543105
Stinger3     20,00972163

Off the top of my head, it takes 8 AB2s to take out the same. Which means ((7*4)+5) = 33s to kill it.

Of course, to the rix times you also have to add the extra transit time you need to get in range. So overall, Rix should take about the same time as others (but, see disclaimer).

Can someone verify these results empirically? I don't have the time until monday, at the earliest, and it interests me.

Disclaimer: all calculations done at 4am, after sleeping 8 hours total in 3 days.
RT: The number of typical responses decreases exponentially as the number of joke options increases.
guitarism

Post by guitarism »

It's not all about the numbers. Sometimes its about the feel of it....
FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 28 2011, 04:56 PM) After Slap I use Voltaire for light reading.
CronoDroid wrote:QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Jan 23 2009, 07:46 PM) If you're going to go GT, go Exp, unless you're Gooey. But Gooey is nuts.
QUOTE [20:13] <DasSmiter> I like to think that one day he logged on and accidentally clicked his way to the EoR forum
[20:13] <DasSmiter> And his heart exploded in a cloud of fury[/quote]
Paradigm2

Post by Paradigm2 »

It "feels" like no one is complaining about it on other cores.
-Paradigm2
Camaro

Post by Camaro »

Idanmel wrote:
QUOTE (Idanmel @ Sep 30 2006, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The rix stingers are a bit overpowered as Camaro demonstrated in game, it took him a really short time to destroy my garr with stinger1. It was done in about 3rd the time that ab1 would do it.

actually i rushed Stinger2.

the problem is not with Stinger2 (altho stinger 2 is really powerful) its Stinger3.

Stinger3 is the biggest load of cheese there ever is. and if you have an exp with PW dmg to go along with it you might as well just give up. a tele dies in 2 sec. a tech base in like 6.

::EDIT:: i looked in ICE. denga is right, Stinger 3 in GoD = Stinger 2 in DN.

BUT... Stinger 2 and 3 in GoD only have energy consumption of 8 compared to stinger 2 in DN which is 9. Stinger 1 for both cores is 10.

on other cores rix bbrs tend to run out of energy slowing the killing process. maybe this is the culprit?

::EDIT:: #2
i found the difference

reg bbr in DN has 2000 energy (2000 for hvy bbr also) , on GoD it has 2500 (2500 for hvy also). So, its a mixture of the reduced energy useage plus enhanced energy of the bomber to create a bomber that is more devastating than its DN equivlant. Basically i think were all just so used to the suckyness of rix bombers on DN that this seems overpowered.

I want the ballista named after me now mrgreen.gif
Last edited by Camaro on Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dengaroth

Post by Dengaroth »

Of course, Camaro is right. As you no doubt have guessed, this aspect starts fading with increasing KB of the bomber pilot.

The problem, naturally, is how much suckier the DN ballistae are compared to other bombers (the TTK is much larger), rather than the GoD2 version being uber - it takes as long as the ABing bombers.

Will run the precise numbers later.

edit: oh wait, I almost missed this post:

guitarism wrote:
QUOTE (guitarism @ Oct 1 2006, 04:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not all about the numbers. Sometimes its about the feel of it....

1) You can't measure "the feel"
2) It's subjective
3) Human perception is prone to being tricked (I refer you to the various optical illusions, mind games and whatnot). Particularly in this case, where it's a case of comparing a discrete event to a continuous one. It'll feel like the continuous one is much faster, when it's not.

In conclusion, contribute or don't post at all.

Thanks.
Last edited by Dengaroth on Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
RT: The number of typical responses decreases exponentially as the number of joke options increases.
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

In case you are wondering, I read the feedback and think about changing stuff, but only after a lengthy discussion. Since I am not that much of a number guy, I wait for others to help out. smile.gif So don't be suprised, when I don't post instantly.
Dengaroth

Post by Dengaroth »

Grimm, I personally don't think the stingers warrant a change, but I'll come up with a large table showing all aspects of the problem later tonight smile.gif
apathos

Post by apathos »

I would just like to say that I can't put my finger on why, but I really enjoy flying this core. I like DN, have no problem with it. There's just something about the "feel" (I'm sorry, had to say it, but the context was completely different) of this core that I like.

Maybe it's only because the freshness hasn't worn off. Maybe it's the sometimes radical change in tactics. Maybe it's the knowledge that this is more "original". Maybe it's...something else. But I just really enjoy it, and want to express my enjoyment to all who are involved here.

wub.gif

Thanks!
jess_i_74

Post by jess_i_74 »

For some of us, apathos, this is Alleg as we always figured it was *meant* to be.

wub.gif GoD.
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

I saw there were some games played on GoDII R3.
How is it? Is there a bug present I should get rid of, are there huge imbalances?