GodII v3

Discussion / Announcement area for Good Old Days II Core development.
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

This would require code changes, but it's always fun to dream:

-It'd be great if you could constrain floating tech with custom maps. You could turn the middle of IO/HiHigher into a graveyard w/ a derelict base and lots of tech floating.

-Use the "derelict hull" ship from the training missions and load it up w/ mkII tech and scatter those around the map instead. Blow them up for a random chance that something usefull will pop out.
Last edited by Adaven on Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

I have asked the server owners to update their servers to release 3. I have also asked Thalgor to put the necessary files on AU. Until then, you can download the files to your artwork folder:
http://web24.s5.okayspace.de/Kram/GoDII_03.igc
http://web24.s5.okayspace.de/Kram/ammo3bmp.mdl
http://web24.s5.okayspace.de/Kram/fuelbmp.mdl

The core changes in the initial post are still valid, nothing else was changed.

My thanks in general go to Spunky for A+ and to Paradigm2 for GoD (I). My special thanks for this release go to Dengaroth for his work on the icons and the lengthy discussion of the proposed changes and to ImmZ for testing the changes.
Last edited by Grimmwolf_GB on Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

If you downloaded the icon files before this post was written, please redownload them from the above location. I made a small mistake (I renamed the files without changing the mdl files, they do not like that).
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

FTX up. smile.gif
n.b. I may not see a forum post replied to me or a pm sent to me for weeks and weeks...
ShadowFox_

Post by ShadowFox_ »

Rix needs more extreme nerfing as well... and something needs to be done to make TAC a viable tech path in GoD.
Image§hadowFoxxImage
ImageImage
pkk

Post by pkk »

ShadowFoxx wrote:
QUOTE (ShadowFoxx @ Sep 27 2006, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rix needs more extreme nerfing as well... and something needs to be done to make TAC a viable tech path in GoD.

There is a bug in GOD/Alleg+R7:
Rix Fig ripcost: 700
Rix EnhFig ripcost: 1200

***edit: $#@!ing DN SR scout!!! Only EnhFigs and AdvFigs can rip to scouts!***

TAC is fine as it is, you don't need uber missles like on DN. All you need is teamwork. wink.gif
Last edited by pkk on Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
Paradigm2

Post by Paradigm2 »

Newer pilots need to realize that tactics used on DN will not necessarily work on GoD. It is "Good Ole' Days" because it strives to have gameplay (and tactics) closer to 1.25.

Just because you have no clue how to use an sf on GoD does not mean it is useless.

Rix does have an advantage in that any scout can rip to any scout (i.e. you have to kill all scouts if you want to stop a threat), but consider-- Rix figs, Rix sfs CAN NOT rip to scouts on GoD. The enh figs/adv figs can because that is rix's solution to no missles on their figs.

Just because you are not aware of how a core works does not mean that it is necessarily imbalanced. Please do your homework before insulting a core based on one bad experience.

You must realize that GoD is essentially R7 alleg+, and we played this core for a very long time back a couple of years ago. All factions were able to win back then-- TAC won all the time even as it is. There are just different strategies then most people use who have become accustomed to DN.

(Enemy goes rix? Bomber rush them and they're screwed. Or defend your miners with nans and lt ints. An enemy scout rush of 8 scouts ripping in can easily be stopped by 2-3 ints and a nan-- with equally skilled pilots).
-Paradigm2
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

Would there be any chance of a brief FAQ for newer pilots going over the main differences from DN? This Rix SR scout thing is a prime example of the sort of thing that should be covered.

Why an FAQ? Because Patchnotes are pretty darn tricky to read and comprehend 9 times out of 10. Why relative to DN? Because it's the core that most players are familiar with.

I'd do it myself but I don't know GoD II well enough and I'm not ploughing through the cores/patchnotes either smile.gif
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
Dengaroth

Post by Dengaroth »

Raveen wrote:
QUOTE (Raveen @ Sep 28 2006, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why an FAQ? Because Patchnotes are pretty darn tricky to read and comprehend 9 times out of 10. Why relative to DN? Because it's the core that most players are familiar with.

Ugh... that's going to be quite some project, as DN changed so many things, compared to everything else out there.

I might write a summary later tonight.
RT: The number of typical responses decreases exponentially as the number of joke options increases.
Idanmel

Post by Idanmel »

Camaro pointed it out for me, and he said that it's been addressed already, but I didn't see it mentioned here.

The rix stingers are a bit overpowered as Camaro demonstrated in game, it took him a really short time to destroy my garr with stinger1. It was done in about 3rd the time that ab1 would do it.
Ints kill nans, probes kill bombers.
ImageImageImageImage