So....we have a new version...

Discussion / Announcement area for Star Wars Core (SWC) development.
Thalgor

Post by Thalgor »

Why do we have no discussion on the core?
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

Not sure, probably because there is so much new at once. GoD II v02, DN 04.50, A+15b7
n.b. I may not see a forum post replied to me or a pm sent to me for weeks and weeks...
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

I cant wait till weedy adds some more ships on this core. Esp the cap ships. Will be cool.
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

Raveens bases

flight is more classic allegiance

boosters

I would like to get more cap ships for you soon, I'm working on it, but motivation is low. I have an almost converted dreadnaught and half converted correllian gunship in the works.

I know some people won't like it this way, but I prefer the server to sync the clients with the least amount of trouble. In my mind, there is a reason why stock allegiance ships do not accelerate like drag racers. To capture the starwars flight model would be great, but it is simply not going to be any fun to play if you cannot hit them, either due to lag or incredible agility.
Last edited by Weedman on Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
Rakinite

Post by Rakinite »

YEARGH!

I hate when I click the wrong button and realize I've double posted.
Last edited by Rakinite on Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nans are happy people. They fly around, give out repairs, and overall have a lot of fun. Why are we killing them when we can learn from their example?
On second thought, I loathe my old banner. I want a good one, does that mean I have to work for myself?
Rakinite

Post by Rakinite »

Rakinite wrote:
QUOTE (Rakinite @ Aug 21 2006, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, just give 'er a swift kick in the ass and a fair amount of sugar, then.

Anyways, I rather like the classic Allegiance flight model, but I still would keep speed/agil/acceleration up (Even if only slightly)... We'll have to see what gives us the gee whiz factor.
Nans are happy people. They fly around, give out repairs, and overall have a lot of fun. Why are we killing them when we can learn from their example?
On second thought, I loathe my old banner. I want a good one, does that mean I have to work for myself?
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

I don't like the boosters... I liked the flight model... :(

I like the stronger bombers. smile.gif
chasov

Post by chasov »

make weak boosters so in straight flight you can get a lttle more speed to run away from a tailing opponent.
by the way i'm back from Russia.
Rakinite

Post by Rakinite »

Yay! I missed you chasov...

Anyways, I think a light thrust efficient booster (like an overdrive) would be good for Star Wars...
Basically, make it so it can't mount extra fuel, then give 30-60 seconds of 10-20% increased speed.
xix36

Post by xix36 »

is it me or is the shuttle less agile than the corvette :/

seems like all the games i have played on sw core ends up with a war of the corvettes... they pwn figs before they get in range, and even without a turret its near impossible to get close enough even in a scout to do damage...
anything slower=bantha fodder
Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are. -- Bertolt Brecht