DN 00.04.50 Beta

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

Phoenix seems too much easier to fly.
n.b. I may not see a forum post replied to me or a pm sent to me for weeks and weeks...
Lykourgos

Post by Lykourgos »

Grim- no. 50% win ratio. Also, if you've flown it recently, it doesn't feel broken. And I haven't seen mustangs in months.
Last edited by Lykourgos on Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mordikai

Post by Mordikai »

gotta agree with grimm since ive only being playing a week and can beat vet comms using a stang rush >< still though... GT dont get gunships cos stangs ARE their gunships... if ure expecting a stang rush rush into getting gunships tongue.gif they pwn stangs most of the time from what ive seen...

Courage Grows Strong at a Wound
(www.darkfallonline.com - gonna be the best mmorpg ever :D)
Grim_Reaper_4u

Post by Grim_Reaper_4u »

Lykourgos wrote:
QUOTE (Lykourgos @ Aug 31 2006, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Grim- no. 50% win ratio. Also, if you've flown it recently, it doesn't feel broken. And I haven't seen mustangs in months.

i was in a game last week where med3+lrm2/3 mustangs obliterated IC Adv fighters. Effectively you would need both dis3 and gat3 to hurt a mustang but nobody loads them at the same time ---> you need 2 figs, 1 dis and 1 gat fig to take down a mustang (which would be teamwork, ever see much teamwork in a pickup game? wink.gif ). Realisticly 1 turreted mustang felt a lot stronger than 2 adv figs. The mustangs came boosting in, camped our TP or op or techbase then a 1 nan bomber came in and killed it. Launching versus a stang camp was suicide mad.gif

But it's not just the stangs, i think their econ is too good too wink.gif
CronoDroid

Post by CronoDroid »

One Mustang should be stronger than Adv Figs, with equivalent level tech (Hunter3, Med3, etc). In the hands of a competent pilot, it's even better.

Anyhow, I agree too that GT's econ is very strong, comapre TF's with a 0.75 cost reduction to GT's 0.8...GT have stronger, faster miners and the tech only takes 2mins, plus GT Hvy Ints are comparable to Hvy Snakes, GT Figs with the cool @#(! as good as TF Adv Figs and GT SFs with Gauss?

AWW YEAH! YEAH!

But don't nerf it, Gui and I love GT. Noir's already nerfed Patties, nerfing GT would be like rubbing salt in my wounds. mad.gif tongue.gif
guitarism

Post by guitarism »

you know as soon as i get back i'm gonna play an awesome stang rush game
FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 28 2011, 04:56 PM) After Slap I use Voltaire for light reading.
CronoDroid wrote:QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Jan 23 2009, 07:46 PM) If you're going to go GT, go Exp, unless you're Gooey. But Gooey is nuts.
QUOTE [20:13] <DasSmiter> I like to think that one day he logged on and accidentally clicked his way to the EoR forum
[20:13] <DasSmiter> And his heart exploded in a cloud of fury[/quote]
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

Phoenix needs to have it's flight controls brought back to somewhere closer to what they were... they just handle the way every thing else now.

As for GT, that still needs a whack in the economy head... definately less cash, more expensive miners, something.

Oh, and please increase Bios starting cash to +500%, it's hard to get capships up in a timely manner. wub.gif

Ok, so Bios probably going to lose some of it's great new stuff when the next update comes... unsure.gif
n.b. I may not see a forum post replied to me or a pm sent to me for weeks and weeks...
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

Wanna know why GT econ is so powerful?

They don't have refs.
Paradigm2

Post by Paradigm2 »

One of many reasons Night... but you forgot:

Miners insta-dock since they setup too close to the bases, making them much more difficult to kill.

Scouts have nans built-in, which drastically reduces the time it takes to launch if you are docking and changing ships. Also, voobs flying in scouts that never bring nans when they are other factions all of the sudden actually manage to save the miner because of this feature.

The miners are more buff than most other factions, and all the scouts that are actually going to be Nanning the miner are buffer and harder to kill.

So the scenario that occurs is: A miner is attacked. Since there are no refs, the miner starts heading for a base that is likely less than 5k away. Scouts in the sector that launched not even considering the fact that the miner might be attacked aren't screwed because low and behold, they have a nan included on their ship! Then, the (smart) commander can launch in a matter of seconds to defend the miner.

Once the miner gets to the base, your chance to kill it are over. Because either the miner will just insta dock while trying to "dodge" its nan scouts, or your voob miner attacking teammate will bump it into the base because it sets up too close.

So basically, GT miners are nearly impossible to solo or even kill in sets of twos versus a smart team or even just a smart commander.

Then add to that GT gets discounts on all its techs and no yield nerfs, and you easily have the best economy in the game because the Miners just don't die.

To fix GT economy: Undiscount their tech and/or Make the miners setup further away from the base so that you have a chance to pod the nans and bump the miner like on every other damn faction and/or remove that built-in nan that makes absolutely no sense as a perk for GT and/or make GT weaker in the hull department.
-Paradigm2
Rand0m_Numb3r

Post by Rand0m_Numb3r »

miners could use a farther docking thingy but its not that bad

What is that bad is PT bbrs get 5+vets that have a clue and NO bomb run will EVER get past them EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER

one can solo a bbr with 3 nans make the lightening arm longer

don't say you cant aim bc that is YOU do not have the skill i can hit @#(! and im not near some of the best, you just need to be able to aim w/o targeting and your not going to miss a bbr its huge and slow as hell

TF needs a global 10% energy reduction to nerf there superior range and the fact at any range they have no spread and hit with every bullet and 10% recharge reduction on ints

Take the turret of rix hvy scouts its absolutely pointless now with the ammo nerf

EDIT: added more ever's
Last edited by Rand0m_Numb3r on Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beyond the clock tower.