DN 00.04.50 Beta

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
Dengaroth

Post by Dengaroth »

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone goes exp all the time.

(yes, it's true, some people never learn laugh.gif)
RT: The number of typical responses decreases exponentially as the number of joke options increases.
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

A bios basic con moves at 60 mps. A dreg basic con moves at 72 mps.

Provided both cons launch and then immediately head for a target sector and asteroid, say, 15 thousand meters away, here's what happens without calculating acceleration.

Bios con launches and departs after 60 seconds, at 60 meters per second. It reaches the target asteroid in approximately 250 seconds.

Dreg con launches and departs after 90 seconds, at 72 meters per second. It reaches the same asteroid, 15 thousand meters away, in 208.3 seconds. Adding the 30 second difference in launch time to the dreg con, it reaches the asteroid in 238.3 seconds, while the Bios constructor reaches it in 250 seconds. It's a 12 second difference in favor of the dreg con.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

NightRychune wrote:
QUOTE (NightRychune @ Aug 24 2006, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A bios basic con moves at 60 mps. A dreg basic con moves at 72 mps.

Provided both cons launch and then immediately head for a target sector and asteroid, say, 15 thousand meters away, here's what happens without calculating acceleration.

Bios con launches and departs after 60 seconds, at 60 meters per second. It reaches the target asteroid in approximately 250 seconds.

Dreg con launches and departs after 90 seconds, at 72 meters per second. It reaches the same asteroid, 15 thousand meters away, in 208.3 seconds. Adding the 30 second difference in launch time to the dreg con, it reaches the asteroid in 238.3 seconds, while the Bios constructor reaches it in 250 seconds. It's a 12 second difference in favor of the dreg con.

And on the dumbass money settings you all play on, you might as well Enh your dreg con, and then it does what..90mps?
There's a new sheriff in town.
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

I withdraw my pseudo objections to Bios 60 second cons. smile.gif
n.b. I may not see a forum post replied to me or a pm sent to me for weeks and weeks...
Dengaroth

Post by Dengaroth »

...and that's just a basic con. Now consider that Dreg can have enh cons for the first wave without great difficulty.
RT: The number of typical responses decreases exponentially as the number of joke options increases.
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

Yea, I was going through all the possibilities after I read that post. mrgreen.gif

Bios cons for 60 seconds is not scary, just takes some time to get over the 'sticker shock' factor. wink.gif
n.b. I may not see a forum post replied to me or a pm sent to me for weeks and weeks...
Rakinite

Post by Rakinite »

Mastametz wrote:
QUOTE (Mastametz @ Aug 24 2006, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And on the dumbass money settings you all play on, you might as well Enh your dreg con, and then it does what..90mps?

It can do 96, the base is 80 and the buff is 20%. If for some reason someone gets their filthy hands on adv cons, it goes up to 100 base 120 dreg. That, my friends, is a very fast con.

I assume acceleration will increase the time required to get anywhere, but not by a huge lot.
Nans are happy people. They fly around, give out repairs, and overall have a lot of fun. Why are we killing them when we can learn from their example?
On second thought, I loathe my old banner. I want a good one, does that mean I have to work for myself?
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

Reason why I always teach my student's to get enh conn with dreg. It's freaken cheese!
CronoDroid

Post by CronoDroid »

Q: That usually means partialling your ref, which might make you keep a leash on your miners better, unless you're on really high starting money setts, right?

Anyway, Lyko, what was the real good thing about the new BIOS? I couldn't decide from the above posts whether it was mass or something else.
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

Placing your ref a bit later in game is actualy helpfull, that way you don't axcedentaly place it next to the enemies opening op conn.