DN 00.04.50 Beta

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
Noir

Post by Noir »

This is currently a Beta release.

Link
Last edited by Noir on Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allegiance - Dark Nebulae - Web Site
"NANITE MOTHER $#@!ER... DO YOU MOUNT IT?"
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

As far as I know, you cannot have rips longer than 30 seconds, the AI messes it up. That leaves the AI in place, because it reconsiders the rip again and again. Your carriers would be unable to rip. Ask Spunkmeyer for specifics.
Noir

Post by Noir »

Grimmwolf_GB wrote:
QUOTE (Grimmwolf_GB @ Aug 15 2006, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as I know, you cannot have rips longer than 30 seconds, the AI messes it up. That leaves the AI in place, because it reconsiders the rip again and again. Your carriers would be unable to rip. Ask Spunkmeyer for specifics.

Tested, 60 second rip times work fine. I know even 2 minute rip times work as well.
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

Nm, that. I am glad you did something with the carriers.
Vegeta

Post by Vegeta »

yes grimm and i tested carrierz are fin ewith the rip time..also 2 tf scioutz kan kill one with in the rip time..
Image[img]

Try Dungeonz and Dragonz online..itz Free
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

Well that's some pretty nice changes for now. smile.gif

No more hvy scout rix rush! cool.gif

Tac is much more expensive and will require more skilled players to use and more thought from a comm to develop, huge price changes (back to A+ and GoD use I suppose). Might be over the top but we'll see what happens. huh.gif

Carrier changes look nice, very nice... Bios gets enh carrier for free, which will imo really help them with map control.

Bios doesn't seem to get much other changes, I hope more help for them comes in the next release. unsure.gif

Definately an overall improvement, lots of it make sense and will help create a good playing experience.

One thing though, Expansion is still going to be way uber and played even more often now that tac has been slowed down so much.

Thanks Noir and testers, this should quash a lot of the regular complaints people have been having. cool.gif
n.b. I may not see a forum post replied to me or a pm sent to me for weeks and weeks...
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

Well, Bios has incredible reductions in con build time. That will give them an edge in the initial con run. Also their cheap miners help rebuilding their fragile mining fleet.
pkk

Post by pkk »

jgbaxter wrote:
QUOTE (jgbaxter @ Aug 15 2006, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No more hvy scout rix rush! cool.gif

It still works like before, just you run faster out of ammo than before. Rix Scout rush isn't fixed yet IMO.

Grimmwolf_GB wrote:
QUOTE (Grimmwolf_GB @ Aug 15 2006, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, Bios has incredible reductions in con build time. That will give them an edge in the initial con run. Also their cheap miners help rebuilding their fragile mining fleet.

And you can carrier rush unlike any other faction... Even after a min you have a homerip for your pods. glare.gif

Looks like Noir is Spunky²... unsure.gif
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
Badger

Post by Badger »

pkk wrote:
QUOTE (pkk @ Aug 15 2006, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It still works like before, just you run faster out of ammo than before. Rix Scout rush isn't fixed yet IMO.

You need to buy a techbase before you get hvy scouts. That delays the hvy scouts by quite a bit.
Noir

Post by Noir »

pkk wrote:
QUOTE (pkk @ Aug 15 2006, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And you can carrier rush unlike any other faction... Even after a min you have a homerip for your pods. glare.gif

Note that Hvy Scouts also now require a Tech Base (Sup/Exp/Tac). Missile based Hvy Scouts also get new "QuickLoad" Seeker/Dumb variants. These are single fire, quick loading versions that work better than duals because they are more accurate (do not suffer from dual style wide Salvo launch ratio) and have normal sizes.

Bios has had precious little early game perks and since many people were opposed to lowering their 10 minute research time, we are tying to give them some unique early game advantages. This is a bad thing??? I am curious if even the current changes will pull Bios out of its win ratio slump. Also note that the SY flag disables Enh Carriers, even for Bios.
Last edited by Noir on Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.