Stuff I've seen from 15(something) yesterday

Discussion / Announcement area for Allegiance Plus Core development.
Vlymoxyd

Post by Vlymoxyd »

I played on plus yesterday, and there is something I didn't like:
Cloak 3 consume more energy than cloak 2. It was so annoying! The extra energy consumption was actually hurting me much more than the lower sig helped me. I strongly beleive that any tech upgrade should be equal or better in every aspect, unless(which I would dislike too) the lower level version stays available.

I liked the mini shields. Actually, I would like to see them removed and having all shields becomes something between what they are now and mini-shields. High recharges rates really makes shields interesting, and I think that they would be fun on bombers too. Having shields with lower hull, but stronger shields would be fun too.
"Désolé pour les skieurs, moi je veux voir mes fleurs!"
-German teacher

http://www.steelfury.org/
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Just checked, all sig cloaks have the same drain.

Re: shields - unfortunately you open up a can of worms if you mess with shields too much, involving one on one situations (the shield suddenly becomes too strong, especially the med) and anti-shield weaponary. However it should be possible to shift small shields more towards mini-shields if there are more requests.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Vlymoxyd

Post by Vlymoxyd »

Ahh, Is it possible that the higher drain came from sniper 2 instead of sniper 1? It just really felt like my energy was drained faster.

As for shields, I just really liked seeing them with high regen, I think it can open up more strategies for fighters.
-German teacher

Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Vlymoxyd wrote:
QUOTE (Vlymoxyd @ Aug 12 2006, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahh, Is it possible that the higher drain came from sniper 2 instead of sniper 1? It just really felt like my energy was drained faster.

Nope, Sniper 2 has less consumption..

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

asheron2k

Post by asheron2k »

Could it have been that you were using the cloak longer because you were not getting seen a quickly?
Clay_Pigeon wrote:QUOTE(Clay_Pigeon @ May 13 2008, 08:24 PM) can i post a story about my cat flying an elf?
Vlymoxyd

Post by Vlymoxyd »

I never got eyes and I started running when my energy went low. The server was laggy, it might have been the reason...
-German teacher