GoD II

Discussion / Announcement area for Good Old Days II Core development.
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

Spunkmeyer wrote:
QUOTE (Spunkmeyer @ Aug 16 2006, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, because the damage of mrm/hunter isn't anywhere near two 2ACs (Gats are essentially useless at GS ranges). I can put together some numbers if you want, but I'm sure you can see this.

A single AC is in the ballpark though.

I agree, one AC would be fine. two AC's are just overpowered. I believe the rix gunship should have ac, because it dont get missiles. But only one AC.
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

updated smile.gif
n.b. I may not see a forum post replied to me or a pm sent to me for weeks and weeks...
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

Too early. It is not yet on AU, I think. smile.gif
batman

Post by batman »

guitarism wrote:
QUOTE (guitarism @ Aug 16 2006, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And if it wasn't Rix, the other GS would have Missiles. You throw a salvo out there of missiles/guns together, and whatever your hititng will come apart too.

Yeah, and it appears I was doing alot of coming apart in those games. We had a nanned bbr run on e garrison and out pops two or three GS -- I don't even think they killed all my nanners first -- it was pretty incredible devastation. I think I had 4 nans on that run and don't think I made it more than 1000 m or 1500 m towards base -- and gs were near the base -- not aleph camping.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, this camel grass juice is great."
Batman: "Beware of strong stimulants, Robin."
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

Grimmwolf_GB wrote:
QUOTE (Grimmwolf_GB @ Aug 16 2006, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Too early. It is not yet on AU, I think. smile.gif

Oh, I meant for the FTXc GoD II v02 server, I always updated before au if I remember. smile.gif
n.b. I may not see a forum post replied to me or a pm sent to me for weeks and weeks...
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

The plans for the next release:

Bug fixes:

- Hvy Scout research now requires a starbase. At the moment you can research it without a starbase left, but you cannot fly the ship.

Improvements:

- TTs cost 1 buck per ship to control access

Possible changes:

- Hvy scouts have to be re-evaluated, are they to strong?
- Rix Gunships might be too strong with 2 from AC for the pilot
Last edited by Grimmwolf_GB on Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

Just a random thought...

tt's are almost never used, like 0.0000001% of the time.

Would it be interesting to have SRM EMP Missile 1 (¼ the strength of SRM EMP Missile normally) and have it mountable on tt's and htt's at say ½ the research cost of SRM EMP Missile, and have SRM EMP Missile 2 (standard SRM EMP Missile) mountable only on htt's at the standard research of SRM EMP Missile currently?

This would allow tt's to actually be used occasionally, and also SRM EMP Missile 2 would cost 50% (taking into account that SRM EMP Missile 1 is 50% and SRM EMP Missile is 100% the cost of the standard SRM EMP Missile) more thus giving Exp a tiny nerf there as well. You could also therefore increase the cost of purchasing a tt to say ½ the cost of a htt. Overall it might be interesting.

Again, a random thought that might be interesting. smile.gif
Last edited by jgbaxter on Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm2

Post by Paradigm2 »

The Original idea of GoD was to keep allegiance in an original state, not to make huge gameplay changes that go away from the original feel of the game. For example, I like the nerve gas in TAC thing on DN, its really cool and its a fun nifty change... However, I don't want that in GoD because nerve gas is unique to Belter sy and was not originally meant to be used in tac (or on sbs for that matter).
-Paradigm2
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

Well, your core is in good hands then, Paradigm. smile.gif
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

Ah well, good ol' days is fine the way it is, more or less then. mrgreen.gif

I still think my idea for tt's should be stolen/liberated on a core near us soon. hehe
Last edited by jgbaxter on Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.