GoD II

Discussion / Announcement area for Good Old Days II Core development.
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

What do you suggest, a single ac, two gatts?
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Plus has one AC, 2 gats, yes. AC compensates for lack of missiles.

Just a single AC (+ some minor perk perhaps, like a little extra speed) had been suggested by lazy people who don't like toggling the AC at long range, and it's not terribly bad. But I'd rather have the extra firepower.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

I put it on my list of possible changes.

At the moment I feel very uncomfortable with changing anything balance related. Too few games have been played with the different factions. As long as the board does not get deleted for some reason or my scrap paper gets lost, I will not forget about those possible problems.
Zapper

Post by Zapper »

@Spunky+Grimm
No one said cheese, Not even the Int whores.. I think that the Rix GS is a perfect counter towards HwInts. The low agility make it a Defense weapon in few numbers and a Attack force in large numbers.
The GS dont have a chance towards 3 figs or ints and the slow speed make them easy prey for Tac.
Life suck's and then u play Alleg.
-.. ..- -.- . -. ..- -.- . .----. . -- .. ... - .... . --. .-. . .- - . ... -
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

I found another bug and fixed it.
GoD core original had moved the small shield back to garrison, but Paradigm had forgotten to remove the dependency on Sup/Adv Sup. So one was able to research it, but unable to use it.
http://web24.s5.okayspace.de/Kram/GoDII_02.igc

Is the new core. I will ask Thalgor, Aarmstrong and jGBaxter to update the servers, once AU has the core.
batman

Post by batman »

Zapper wrote:
QUOTE (Zapper @ Aug 16 2006, 04:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Spunky+Grimm
No one said cheese, Not even the Int whores.. I think that the Rix GS is a perfect counter towards HwInts. The low agility make it a Defense weapon in few numbers and a Attack force in large numbers.
The GS dont have a chance towards 3 figs or ints and the slow speed make them easy prey for Tac.

You don't think the GS is a little heavy? When there are five or six GS in a sector, they pwn just about everything you can throw against them. I have been in three games where they totally raped the miners on miner rush with 4-6 GS and a nan or two. Yes they are slow, but with the range on their guns -- you have a tough time getting close enough to damage them.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, this camel grass juice is great."
Batman: "Beware of strong stimulants, Robin."
guitarism

Post by guitarism »

When there are 5-6 anything in a sector, some pwnage usually ensues. The lack of people being able to kill GS stems not from the GS itself, but the pilots not knowing the most effective tactics on killing one, two, seventeen.
FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 28 2011, 04:56 PM) After Slap I use Voltaire for light reading.
CronoDroid wrote:QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Jan 23 2009, 07:46 PM) If you're going to go GT, go Exp, unless you're Gooey. But Gooey is nuts.
QUOTE [20:13] <DasSmiter> I like to think that one day he logged on and accidentally clicked his way to the EoR forum
[20:13] <DasSmiter> And his heart exploded in a cloud of fury[/quote]
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

We are talking about Rix GS here, not all GS. There is no reason that I know of that a turretless Rix GS should have that kind of firepower over other factions' gunships, and there are certainly negative gameplay implications if they are rushed. Whether they can toe it with heavy ints or not is not even a major concern here, even though a turretless GS shouldn't even be able to withstand a basic fig.

For a non-rush scenario, think about it this way: you are sup and if you are smart you have a starbase. What's the normal cost of putting up a good camp and have two AC3s bear on the aleph you are defending? 3 pilots right? With Rix it's only 1 pilot, 3 pilots puts 6 AC3s on that aleph.
Last edited by Spunkmeyer on Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

guitarism

Post by guitarism »

And if it wasn't Rix, the other GS would have Missiles. You throw a salvo out there of missiles/guns together, and whatever your hititng will come apart too.
FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 28 2011, 04:56 PM) After Slap I use Voltaire for light reading.
CronoDroid wrote:QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Jan 23 2009, 07:46 PM) If you're going to go GT, go Exp, unless you're Gooey. But Gooey is nuts.
QUOTE [20:13] <DasSmiter> I like to think that one day he logged on and accidentally clicked his way to the EoR forum
[20:13] <DasSmiter> And his heart exploded in a cloud of fury[/quote]
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

No, because the damage of mrm/hunter isn't anywhere near two 2ACs (Gats are essentially useless at GS ranges). I can put together some numbers if you want, but I'm sure you can see this.

A single AC is in the ballpark though.