A Guide to ICE

Core Editor
Dengaroth

Post by Dengaroth »

Raveen wrote:
QUOTE (Raveen @ Oct 23 2006, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In theory you can run Python scripts on your windows PC. I couldn't tell you how though smile.gif

You just need this (the python interpreter). Installing it will, among other things, set associations for .py files, which will enable you to run them by double-click.
Last edited by Dengaroth on Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
RT: The number of typical responses decreases exponentially as the number of joke options increases.
factoid

Post by factoid »

I do all my 'open source' development under windows these days. Windows->Unix doesn't work so hot, but since all my favorite OS apps work just great under windows (OOffice, Python, Java, GIMP, etc...) no need to switch.

Sorry about all the technobabble, I assumed that at the very least .CSV wouldn't confuse people.
"I make it a point not to chat with AP off... space is vast, but it's never vast enough for my scout."
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

I knew what you meant. Therefore it wasn't very confusing mrgreen.gif
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

*bump*
n.b. I may not see a forum post replied to me or a pm sent to me for weeks and weeks...
Cable

Post by Cable »

Hawkwood.... I am sooo impressed and I don't even program ... well done... Thanks for the effort(s)
Image "If I could remove all the people from the earth I think are stupid... would I be the only one left ? "Sunt superis sua iura -ovid
Adam4

Post by Adam4 »

Fantastic job so far, I've learnt loads, and have started to work on some new weapons (possibly for release in Warpcore v 1.10)

Any ideas if the other 12 chapters are around somewhere? Just because I need more material, in order to make a resonator which only affects lt and medium class armour, (I have the basis for this, but need to clarigy a few things smile.gif )

--Adam
Dengaroth

Post by Dengaroth »

Hawk only got that far before someone started giving him @#(! (again), IIRC.

You can easily imagine how that sort of thing tends to siphon off one's enthusiasm for the community.
Last edited by Dengaroth on Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RT: The number of typical responses decreases exponentially as the number of joke options increases.
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

adam4 wrote:
QUOTE (adam4 @ Apr 20 2007, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fantastic job so far, I've learnt loads, and have started to work on some new weapons (possibly for release in Warpcore v 1.10)

Any ideas if the other 12 chapters are around somewhere? Just because I need more material, in order to make a resonator which only affects lt and medium class armour, (I have the basis for this, but need to clarigy a few things smile.gif )
--Adam

Thats easy Adam, use a spare DM for the res your creating, and in all the AC put 0 apart from the things you want to damage and then of course set the multiplyer.
Adam4

Post by Adam4 »

Well.....

It started off not working, under an unused damage table DM 14 I believe.

I changed it to the same DM as aleph res, and it worked, with the same effect as a DoomsDay would.

So, I switch is back to DM14, and I have:

Light:1.9
Med: 1.9
Ac15-19:1

And, when I use it in game, it doesnt work. It is a res designed to affect only light and med class armour and shields (no bases or asteroids), any idea as to why it wont work?
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

i think this needs to be stickied or perhaps added to the wiki in a different section to http://www.freeallegiance.org/FAW/index.ph...create_cores%3F

the part on the locals was a bit hard to follow though.

am i right in thinking

if ship A requires 80

and base B has 80 as a local, and no other base has 80 as a local, and its not defined anywhere else

you can only change to ship A at base B

?

so its a way of say, only allowing capships to launch from a SY