Capsule Drive

Discussion / Announcement area for Edge of Reality (EoR) Core development.
Dengaroth

Post by Dengaroth »

I honestly fail to see how that link is relevant to the discussion at hand.

If you wanted to provide some actual depth on game design theory, you could have just gone with any of the myrian college-level courses on the subject available online these days.

edit: in case you're referring to my "completely unplayable" comment, perhaps you should try playing an EoR deathmatch where everyone is hell-bent on flying tacscouts.
Last edited by Dengaroth on Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RT: The number of typical responses decreases exponentially as the number of joke options increases.
Rakinite

Post by Rakinite »

While we're here, I want to know exactly what negative mass would do to the handling of a ship.
Nans are happy people. They fly around, give out repairs, and overall have a lot of fun. Why are we killing them when we can learn from their example?
On second thought, I loathe my old banner. I want a good one, does that mean I have to work for myself?
KofiMan

Post by KofiMan »

Rakinite wrote:
QUOTE (Rakinite @ Aug 8 2006, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While we're here, I want to know exactly what negative mass would do to the handling of a ship.

Well, instead of slowing down, it is constantly accelerating, at an increasing rate. In whatever direction it is moving. That includes roll and pitch.

Try it a few times.
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

If you put one capsule drive on a gunship they handle like ints.

just a thought.
Rakinite

Post by Rakinite »

Yeah, I tried the negative mass once. It made Allegiance go crazy and crash with code 128.
Last edited by Rakinite on Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nans are happy people. They fly around, give out repairs, and overall have a lot of fun. Why are we killing them when we can learn from their example?
On second thought, I loathe my old banner. I want a good one, does that mean I have to work for myself?
terrenblade

Post by terrenblade »

How many capsle drives does a battlecruser need? :eg:
Mad? Oh yes, quite mad.

Vader shot the nans first.
GreyVulpine

Post by GreyVulpine »

terrenblade wrote:
QUOTE (terrenblade @ Aug 9 2006, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How many capsle drives does a battlecruser need? :eg:

Well, a capsule drive has a mass of -98. A Battlecruiser has a mass of 10000.

-GreyVulpine
[sig][/sig]
Dengaroth

Post by Dengaroth »

GreyVulpine wrote:
QUOTE (GreyVulpine @ Aug 9 2006, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, a capsule drive has a mass of -98. A Battlecruiser has a mass of 10000.

Short version: WAY too many laugh.gif
RT: The number of typical responses decreases exponentially as the number of joke options increases.
RacingPain

Post by RacingPain »

put those capsule drives in the race core please

i dont know why but each time i get in a tac scout capsule drive equipped, i becom mad, and try to ram from 10k wow, that thing does amazing screen shots and stupidly hi pod kills
QUOTE(RogueAce @ Sep 29 2006, 09:37 PM) *
Hehe RP, you're evil. I'm glad you're on our side. I like that kind of evil unless it's being done to me.
Bard
Location: Within your command center, enacting fatal attacks upon your conscripts

Post by Bard »

Every once in a while I'll show up for a testing session while Hawk is refining something for balance.

These involve a lot of sitting around and repeating the same things, with extra people on either team so that if someone drops, we don't have to re-tech.

At one point, I was on the side that had already teched up and was waiting for the other side to get what they needed for testing purposes.

After mentioning that Terralthra and Raziel showed me the entire EoR tech tree early on in my allegiance experience, and some of the fun tricks, a few of us bored types attempted to re-create some of the hillarity that ensued when both of the dynamic duo went "huh. we have full tech and we're bored, might as well not waste the opportunity to screw around for a few minutes."

Needless to say, minelayer ships outside enemy red doors are fun because...

If you line up PERFECTLY via autopilot on your own green door, you can backthrust for a bit and give yourself enough room to dock at full capsule drive thrust.

Smoke plumes and flying tech show up on F3.

Dock, Launch while boosting, and judge for distance.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Omnia Mutantur, Nihil Interit.