Capsule Drive

Discussion / Announcement area for Edge of Reality (EoR) Core development.
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

I was playing a game of EoR last night, and im sure its probably been well documented before, but whats with this core and its capsule drive. As soon as you put it in the cargo of a fig/int, your ship seems to go into a death spin and hit 1000mps+ and flies off the map.

It's crazy, but extreamly funny. I managed to get 25k of the map at one point.

I've heard its something to do with negative mass ?...Why does the capsule drive have a negative mass ?

Also it could be an interesting weapon.

Imagine this scenario, a fig is chasing you, hes right behind you, hes shot a load of imrec missiles at you. then u drop your Capsule drive from ur ship, then he picks it up by chance...Bye bye fig. smile.gif

Anyways fun but strange. smile.gif

Apoch.
Rakinite

Post by Rakinite »

Ah crumbs, double posted by mistake.
Where's the delete post button when you need it?
Last edited by Rakinite on Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nans are happy people. They fly around, give out repairs, and overall have a lot of fun. Why are we killing them when we can learn from their example?
On second thought, I loathe my old banner. I want a good one, does that mean I have to work for myself?
Rakinite

Post by Rakinite »

Rakinite wrote:
QUOTE (Rakinite @ Aug 1 2006, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have never seen that happen. Then again, most of the tacscout fun I've been having, was... uh... yeah. Ram fights.

Incidentally, I looked in ICE, and Tacscouts seem to have 100 mass. That's more than fighters, other scouts, interceptors... If you can line up properly, those would AMAZING for pushing a bomber. Ridiculously so. Also noteworthy: If you research ship acceleration, a tacscout's top speed seems to go down. From maybe 800ish to 600. Strange...

EDIT: Just was looking in ICE again. The Capsule Drive reduces your mass -98, and gives you 30000 thrust. Even putting in your CARGO can give you a boost. Incidentally, in the case of many ships, just 1 would bring them down to negative mass, which could mean some very strange effects blink.gif. Also, this makes the Tacscout pushing rather useless, due to the mass of two.
Nans are happy people. They fly around, give out repairs, and overall have a lot of fun. Why are we killing them when we can learn from their example?
On second thought, I loathe my old banner. I want a good one, does that mean I have to work for myself?
Psychosis

Post by Psychosis »

line up, punch it, drop to cargo and eject... tricky but possible.
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

Yeh its kinda crazy, but do able.
Last edited by apochboi on Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
jess_i_74

Post by jess_i_74 »

_SRM_PsycHosis wrote:
QUOTE (_SRM_PsycHosis @ Aug 3 2006, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
line up, punch it, drop to cargo and eject... tricky but possible.

Very difficult, given the deceleration of said tacscout.
jsknight

Post by jsknight »

GOD DAM! CAPSULE DRIVE IS THE BEST THING IN EOR!

in my noob days i used to go in eor with my bud mpane just to ram eachother in thos things XD

i would like to see u ppl make it possible to put a capsule drive in any ship, NOW THAT would be fun
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

jsknight wrote:
QUOTE (jsknight @ Aug 4 2006, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GOD DAM! CAPSULE DRIVE IS THE BEST THING IN EOR!

in my noob days i used to go in eor with my bud mpane just to ram eachother in thos things XD

i would like to see u ppl make it possible to put a capsule drive in any ship, NOW THAT would be fun

Fun, but not balanced mrgreen.gif

Balance comes first and foremost.
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
Dengaroth

Post by Dengaroth »

It would also make the game completely unplayable.

The only reason the TacScout isn't gamebreaking as it is is because it can't do anything of offensive relevance.
RT: The number of typical responses decreases exponentially as the number of joke options increases.
Commanderstrike

Post by Commanderstrike »

Dengaroth wrote:
QUOTE (Dengaroth @ Aug 7 2006, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would also make the game completely unplayable.

The only reason the TacScout isn't gamebreaking as it is is because it can't do anything of offensive relevance.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...hl%3Den%26lr%3D ninja.gif