What is RPS?

Discussion / Announcement area for Rock Paper Scissors Core development.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

RPS is an allegiance core with extended tech paths. This means that instead of stopping at mk3 tech, you can continue to research up to mk5 tech.

RPS is intended to be played the same way as any other core (i.e. normal settings), the higher tech levels are intended to be used to end the game and break stalemates.

Each faction also has a super ship. super ships are very powerfull and are not intended for normal game play (and as such, have not been balanced for it)
Super ships require alot of money to get because they need Adv tac, Adv exp, Adv Sup and the Assault ship of the same class as the super ship (i.e. if the super ship is a fighter, you need assault fighters too)

I believethe creator of this core (DrS) has said that he believes RPS is balanced and requires no more development (but he will fix any bugs that may be discovered)

hey, if i'm going to get a first psot in a forum, i may as well make it a usefull one
Rakinite

Post by Rakinite »

And that's because it's balanced for what it is, an alternate take on conquest. With sane sets it becomes(I think in the manual's terms) a way of seeing which commander has the better econ management.

However, most games on it have been 9/2.5 DMs between super ships, which are cool to fly, but rarely do you get balance.
Nans are happy people. They fly around, give out repairs, and overall have a lot of fun. Why are we killing them when we can learn from their example?
On second thought, I loathe my old banner. I want a good one, does that mean I have to work for myself?