IB IC vs Jucko Dreg on Star

Tactical advice, How-to, Post-mortem, etc.
BlackViper

Post by BlackViper »

Did anyone wonder why I logged off and went to watch TV when this game launched tongue.gif
Always in the Shadows...
saints1011

Post by saints1011 »

should have won way earlier with thoses SBS lol
Pook

Post by Pook »

So, "iBoot", (note lowercase I is much cooler)... notice anything?

When you stopped typing in all caps and trying to micromanage your team, they won.

Congratulations.
leeroyjenkins

Post by leeroyjenkins »

Well, to say the least of our team, they were busy trying to kill miners most of the time, suppressing the nme economy. Plus their hvy scouts with cm2 + heavy bombers were pretty nasty on the adv sfs (IC), with the crazy sigs! Hard to defend against a bomb run that deprobes with hvy scouts, and a sfs that has a sig of close to 45 with cloak on and missiles loaded, and Enh Fighters are not much of a choise against their hvy bombers + hvy scout combo...

I was probing like mad, but nme kept deprobing with their hvy scouts, what to do... I dropped rps with bomb runs.

iBoot asked for sbs, I asked and he didn't give. But then previously I was the one who had just killed for him 2 tps, 1 ref in choke sectors, plus a home tele of the nme. And I didn't get another SBS... Yipes! The run on their sup that didn't work, I didn't have a SBS, that's why! Harhar smile.gif

Then I was too busy at the end killing their tp scouts... The last scout I didn't manage to kill, and they ripped in a full bomb run on our tac with that scout. Ouch

If that tele hadn't gone the wrong way, and we had hogged the top sector with that tele, it might have been easier to choke their scouts from coming through... oh well!
Daystorm

Post by Daystorm »

I have to say, those were some of the best bomb runs I've been on in this game. I think I helped on 5 bomb runs with at least 5 nans on TheJoker, punching through successfully each time to take at least something out. Usually when the call goes out for nans, 2, maybe 3 show up. Good job, yellow for hanging on as long as we did.

I kept thinking yellow was in trouble. Sounds like blue had the same thought. Can't believe blue almost resigned.

I couldn't find the game stats... Nor the previous game stats... what happened to them?
ImageImage
Geekiest Blog on the Planet: OOPlife
BlackViper

Post by BlackViper »

Planet servers, no ELO active or recorded.
Always in the Shadows...
Daystorm

Post by Daystorm »

BlackViper wrote:
QUOTE (BlackViper @ Jul 6 2006, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ahh i c. thx BV
ImageImage
Geekiest Blog on the Planet: OOPlife
TheBored

Post by TheBored »

juckto wrote:
QUOTE (juckto @ Jul 6 2006, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh come on, all game? I thought I did alright to begin with. You know, until my lack of knowing-what-the-$#@!-I-am-doing came into play.

And where the hell is my t. I want my t! tongue.gif

Actually, I had no problem with your commanding. Granted, it wasnt perfect, but you did a fine job. Your attitude sucked though. You were proposing resigns when we lost a miner when they were tac (Did I mention that java and I kept your miners alive for an HOUR?). You even went as far as booting newbies because they were gunning. Feel lucky that I am one of the nice admins and let you finish the game (Go figure you would just bail on the team and come back 15 minutes later).
spideycw wrote:QUOTE (spideycw @ Nov 28 2008, 02:50 PM) All the retards are contained in one squad mostly (System X)
[18:48] <Imago> dont take me seriously
juckto

Post by juckto »

Bail out? I said "I gotta go" ~GL. About 5min before I left. I had to cook dinner.

Then I was in my room, getting ready to go out, and so I logged back into the server to see what was going on. Getting ready + chatting with boo about tps + cooking dinner = burnt chops, btw.

Thanks about the miners.
Last edited by juckto on Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

BlackViper wrote:
QUOTE (BlackViper @ Jul 6 2006, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Strange, I thought Planet servers had elo at one point?
n.b. I may not see a forum post replied to me or a pm sent to me for weeks and weeks...