ASGS won't launch Allegiance (taken from the old forums)

User-to-user help and troubleshooting.
Trinexx

Post by Trinexx »

Quick glance through the registry yields no information. Assigning ALL permissions to both ASGS and Allegiance doesn't make a difference either...

GAH, wtf is the problem?! mad.gif
[sig][/sig]
Tigereye

Post by Tigereye »

Sorry trin,

I really wish I knew what the problem was. Like Pook, I've never encountered someone with your symptoms before.

The only thing I can think of is .NET. You said that re-installing .NET fixed problems with other programs, but ASGS still remained broken.

Perhaps your .NET installation is still somehow broken? Or otherwise restricted?
Is your computer administered by someone else? Perhaps they set specific .NET permissions on the machine?

Sorry I can't think of other solutions,

--TE

The Allegiance community currently hates their sysadmin because he is doing: [Too Much] [____________|] [Too Little]
Current reason: Removing the PayPal contribute page. Send Bitcoin instead: 1EccFi98tR5S9BYLuB61sFfxKqqgSKK8Yz. This scale updates regularly.
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

There are three packets for .Net 1.1

The original installer

The Service pack

The hotfix for the Service pack

Do you have all three of them?
Trinexx

Post by Trinexx »

Grimmwolf_GB wrote:
QUOTE (Grimmwolf_GB @ Jul 4 2006, 03:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are three packets for .Net 1.1

The original installer

The Service pack

The hotfix for the Service pack

Do you have all three of them?

That may very well be the problem, because I remember not installing the service pack because it kept bitching and moaning about not being able to find netfx.msi

EDIT: In case you didn't notice, I really don't like computers.

ANOTHER EDIT: I was poking around with the original .NET 1.1 installer, when I noticed that the winRAR shell extention treats it like a compressed archive. Lo and behold, netfx.msi is located inside. Installing the SP and hotfix now, let's hope it works.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: Gah, I can't find the hotfix for .NET 1.1 SP1
Last edited by Trinexx on Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
[sig][/sig]
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

Last edited by Grimmwolf_GB on Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trinexx

Post by Trinexx »

Negative, ASGS still not launching Allegiance.

EDIT: I noticed that everytime I run the autoupdate on ASGS, it always updates the main file. Significant?
Last edited by Trinexx on Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
[sig][/sig]
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

Nope, that is normal behaviour.

I am really out of ideas. Do you have access to another computer, where you can test Allegiance on? Just so you see how it normally would look like? So that you know, that we actually play this game. mrgreen.gif

Sorry, I cannot give you any further advice at the moment.
Trinexx

Post by Trinexx »

No worries, I'll work on it in my spare time. As for testing on another computer, I convinced a friend of mine to let me test it on his beat up alienware comp, and it worked fine. This, of course, only makes me angrier at the fact that it wont work on mine.
[sig][/sig]
Tigereye

Post by Tigereye »

Trinexx wrote:
QUOTE (Trinexx @ Jul 4 2006, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No worries, I'll work on it in my spare time. As for testing on another computer, I convinced a friend of mine to let me test it on his beat up alienware comp, and it worked fine. This, of course, only makes me angrier at the fact that it wont work on mine.

I hope you didn't sign in with your callsign on his machine blink.gif

Doing so will link your two machines together under the same account. If he decides to create his own callsign in the future, the two of you will be unable to play together.

But of course - that point is moot if you can't play on your machine in the first place :s

--TE

The Allegiance community currently hates their sysadmin because he is doing: [Too Much] [____________|] [Too Little]
Current reason: Removing the PayPal contribute page. Send Bitcoin instead: 1EccFi98tR5S9BYLuB61sFfxKqqgSKK8Yz. This scale updates regularly.
Trinexx

Post by Trinexx »

He's one of those people who get offended by "jaggies". He won't ever play Allegiance...
[sig][/sig]