Currently in BrexitLand

Non-Allegiance related. High probability of spam. Pruned regularly.
peet

Post by peet »

Raveen

Post by Raveen »

May's speech to the nation - "Not my fault, blame everyone but me. I'm on your side"

Uk Public crashes government petition website to request the revokation of Article 50.

Interesting times...
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
peet

Post by peet »

The soap continues. Now until May 22th.

Honestly, if I see the theater in the UK parliament, this has nothing to do with co-operating in the best interest of the UK.
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

Nobody in the UK has a clue what's going to happen. It's a sad state of affairs to say the least.
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
SumVeritas

Post by SumVeritas »

i tend to have this in mind whenever i read, hear or watch about brexit
Duckwarrior wrote:QUOTE (Duckwarrior @ Mar 8 2017, 09:38 PM) Desert eagle .50 cal from beechcraft bonanza as fly poor people over doctor son beechcraft bonanza trump beef texas ping pong boat 400k doctor son beefsteak good texas cali donald trump hilary dumocrats
Broodwich

Post by Broodwich »

peet wrote:QUOTE (peet @ Mar 22 2019, 12:21 AM) The soap continues. Now until May 22th.

Honestly, if I see the theater in the UK parliament, this has nothing to do with co-operating in the best interest of the UK.
only if they get an actual deal through parliament. This is the fun part, where politicians actually have to face the consequences of their actions :)
QUOTE Drizzo: ha ha good old chap
Drizzo: i am a brit
Drizzo: tut tut
Drizzo: wankarrrrrr
Drizzo: i only have sex whilst in the missionary position[/quote] Fas est et ab hoste doceri - Ovid
Broodwich

Post by Broodwich »

Broodwich wrote:QUOTE (Broodwich @ Nov 20 2018, 09:02 PM) Anyways, Brexit, like trump, is one of those ideas people thought would be great to ride along and get popular. Now, they are realizing that wasn't the greatest idea. Guess we'll see what happens, but i'm guessing May implements the deal and promptly gets punted out of office. Then nobody comes up with a better one
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/27/theresa ... ister.html

:cool:
QUOTE Drizzo: ha ha good old chap
Drizzo: i am a brit
Drizzo: tut tut
Drizzo: wankarrrrrr
Drizzo: i only have sex whilst in the missionary position[/quote] Fas est et ab hoste doceri - Ovid
Terran

Post by Terran »

from what i can gather, her announcement was basically "i'm gonna use the only bargaining power i have left, which is my incredible unpopularity, and use that to buy your passing of my deal. if you pass it, i quit!" https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47725529

also here's an interesting result: Boris Johnson for next PM! :lol:
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

I'm genuinely confused as to what Brexit is at this point. Here's what I know:

1) The UK held a popular referendum in which the majority of voters said they wanted to leave the EU.

2) Whether or not leaving the EU could be a net benefit to the UK, whether or not it's a good idea to stay in the EU, everything the brexiters said about why they should leave was either factually incorrect, an outright lie, or some of the most boneheaded and braindead "logic" this side of Elzam.

3) The UK is still in the EU years later?

Right now the UK just looks like one of those dogs that's demanding to be let outside, but you know once they're let out they're just going to want to come back in.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
SumVeritas

Post by SumVeritas »

The best part for me is how UK politicians talk about brexit in a vacuum, absolutely oblivious of the other side of the negotiation "We're gonna propose this and the EU will be forced to accept it", i know it used to work when they had the "else we leave" argument, but now :lol: .
Terran wrote:QUOTE (Terran @ Mar 27 2019, 04:44 PM) also here's an interesting result: Boris Johnson for next PM! :lol:
Well, this has been the whole point of brexit, just a platform for good old Boris. I mean he has kept himself well away of any decision making or any other responsability post while brexit has being negotiated, knowing it will kill the carreer of any politician who gets involved. Just wait and see them get out of the way, then run for office as the only real tory who knows what he's doing.
Last edited by SumVeritas on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duckwarrior wrote:QUOTE (Duckwarrior @ Mar 8 2017, 09:38 PM) Desert eagle .50 cal from beechcraft bonanza as fly poor people over doctor son beechcraft bonanza trump beef texas ping pong boat 400k doctor son beefsteak good texas cali donald trump hilary dumocrats