Andon's Hud

Discussion area for user-created Allegiance models, textures, voicechats, music, and other ingame content.
Andon

Post by Andon »

Yeh, I plan on that. I also plan on incorporating some other CortUI features - IE F7 pane always up, etc
ImageImage
uberkill

Post by uberkill »

Awesome! I had found those from other places or had just always hit it myself. So those incorporations would be great! I can't wait, thanks for your work, Andon!
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.

- George F. Will
Andon

Post by Andon »

http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...p;showentry=665

Click for pretty pictures. It's not done, but it shows what kind of info I've been able to unlock. A lot of it is only for the user's ship (Due to the possibility to exploit some features), but that's the most important info anyway.

I've been unable to unlock a useful rotation, though, so it's just positions for now.
ImageImage
uberkill

Post by uberkill »

Andon wrote:QUOTE (Andon @ Mar 23 2009, 12:33 PM) http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...p;showentry=665

Click for pretty pictures. It's not done, but it shows what kind of info I've been able to unlock. A lot of it is only for the user's ship (Due to the possibility to exploit some features), but that's the most important info anyway.

I've been unable to unlock a useful rotation, though, so it's just positions for now.
Umm....is there still a slide indicator? If not, it wouldn't be hard to put back in from mesial's site, I'm just wondering. Also, what about removing the mph and fps measurements for player ship, and the feet measurement for enemy ships? or somehow make it an option? Seeing as how the entire game is based on metric units, wouldn't this make sense (especially for F3 view)?
I LOVE the scan range measurement, and showing the absolute max speed/thrust. Also, are you going to keep the standard "eye" for posterity's sake?
I love it, Andon. Really, the only "gripe" I have is the feet and miles.....and that's pretty minor. The rest are just questions.

Still can't wait, thank again for your work, Andon!
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.

- George F. Will
Andon

Post by Andon »

I could remove the feet/miles, but it would throw the look of it way off.

Is the 'Slide' indicator you're referring to the Vector Lock? Because it's still there, just above autopilot. If it's the directional indicator, it's still there, just difficult to see in its current position.
ImageImage
uberkill

Post by uberkill »

Andon wrote:QUOTE (Andon @ Mar 23 2009, 09:18 PM) I could remove the feet/miles, but it would throw the look of it way off.

Is the 'Slide' indicator you're referring to the Vector Lock? Because it's still there, just above autopilot. If it's the directional indicator, it's still there, just difficult to see in its current position.
It was the direction indicator, sorry for being unclear. Thanks for a prompt reply.

- George F. Will