Andon's Hud

Discussion area for user-created Allegiance models, textures, voicechats, music, and other ingame content.
badpazzword

Post by badpazzword »

zecro wrote:QUOTE (zecro @ Mar 1 2009, 01:22 PM) Is there a way to show something in fraction form, i.e. not in percentages? So a scout's hull could be displayed as 200/200 or something of the sort?
I would LOVE to have such a thing, but it is not possible in R4.

DarkSponge: here's a related thread by yours truly, http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...showtopic=31608 (image) with an How To Add Percentages guide. No, I don't have that dialog.mdl file anymore. Yes, this still has a lot of glitches Andon has most likely fixed in his version.
Last edited by badpazzword on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have gaming questions? Get expert answers! Image Image
Andon

Post by Andon »

You would have to pull the hull number from the ship - which i'm almost certain you can't do with MDL files
ImageImage
uberkill

Post by uberkill »

Andon-I'll help you testing if you want. I don't really like the centered HUD's, and have wanted something like this. I LOVE the idea!
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.

- George F. Will
zecro

Post by zecro »

Andon wrote:QUOTE (Andon @ Mar 1 2009, 11:22 AM) You would have to pull the hull number from the ship - which i'm almost certain you can't do with MDL files
I tried looking through the core files once with ICE, but I'm not positively sure about what values I should take, and what values I should multiply by what. For that table, I just took the scout definition and multiplied the hull by the faction's hull modifier.

Even if you could pull the values through, you'd need to know what GAs the other team has, which may not be possible.

What about pulling the values from your own team/yourself? I see you have the mass value as a number there.
Last edited by zecro on Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andon

Post by Andon »

The mass is a MDL function built in - mainly, GetMass() or something like that.

The functions for hull, shields, ammo, etc all return values between 0 and 1 - Just the percents.
ImageImage
Andon

Post by Andon »

Been doing some work in the code.

I've been able to pass on the hull numbers, no problem. Ship shields required a little more work, but they're also done.

I've come into a little roadblock with station shields, since they're handled differently than ship shields (Which are handled by the part). I'll see what I can do with it when there are people awake and around that can help me with it. From what I've seen, Ammo and Fuel are the same way. I haven't looked at thrust yet.

EDIT: Thrust is not thrust - it is the throttle of the player. I may be able to pass on the ship's max thrust to the dialog.mdl file - with which I could use the throttle amount multiplied by the max thrust to get the current thrust.
Last edited by Andon on Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Alien51

Post by Alien51 »

Tell ya what I'd really like in a hud. A X, Y, and Z axis compass. Meaning something to tell me exactly which way I'm pointing. You know like one of these suckers.

Post by Andon »

I am 99% certain that would require a code change. I'll look into it, though.

I'm putting updates on what gets coded and the like into my blog
ImageImage
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

Alien51 wrote:QUOTE (Alien51 @ Mar 9 2009, 12:12 AM) Tell ya what I'd really like in a hud. A X, Y, and Z axis compass. Meaning something to tell me exactly which way I'm pointing. You know like one of these suckers.
there is nothing 3d in that which tells you exactly where you are pointing.

There is the 2d flight path marker which tells you the direction you are moving in, we already have that.

The crosshairs on your hud tell you exactly where you are pointing your ship.

The only thing we don't have is somethnig which indicates which way the ship you are turreting is facing.
uberkill

Post by uberkill »

Seeing as how nothing's been posted here for a bit, I just wanted to ask-is your HUD going to have the chat-scrolling function that CortUI does, Andon? That is my favorite thing about that HUD. Besides that, I'm REALLY looking forward to this coming out!
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.

- George F. Will