hi there, i need help

Discussion / Announcement area for Edge of Reality (EoR) Core development.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

allegiance is going to be scrapping the bmp.mdl format

as such all textures need to in a different format that includes an alpha channel, and it looks like i'm the one doing the converting...
here's a thread about it: http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...showtopic=30191

i know eor has some textures not in other cores (effix textures to name some)
you guys probably know what you are using and where you got it from
this post has a list of textures i don't have in a non bmp.mdl format

basically i'm trying to get the source artwork for all of allegiances textures, so i need whoever made the textures i don't have to provide me with their source .bmp s (or whatever format they had them in before converting them to bmp.mdl)

if they have deleted their sources it isn't the end of the world, i will have to convert the bmp.mdl to a different format and then process it, but the end result wont look as good as if i had used the source texture files because bmp.mdl is 16 bit colour, and most source files will be 24bit.

so yeah, if you know who made some of the files on that list (basically all new factions and icons we have made, we have most of ms's ones) can you get them to communicate with me and tell me what they have...

smile.gif
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

Didn't Orion do effix?
ImmortalZ

Post by ImmortalZ »

Orion has his original artwork with him. I believe madp already contacted him.
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

Yes, you'd be best off getting the Effix textures from the original Effix devs rather than from the EoR guys.
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

effix was just an example, doesn't eor have fancy gun sprites though? perhaps some other textures for some things i don't know about too (unique ships / bases / icons you wont find in 1.25 or dn for example)

i don't know what textures eor uses, its why i'm here to ask because eor devs will know.

basically, if you have a original texture in this list:
http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...ost&p=95828
i would like to have it (if i don't have it, i will have to convert the 16bit bmp.mdl to a 32 bit format (24 bit colour, 8 alpha) - using the source 24bit colour images results in better textures smile.gif )
Last edited by madpeople on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dengaroth

Post by Dengaroth »

Hawk did pretty much all the fancy stuff. I did some icons, and should have them lying around.

Then again, they're just black/white, so I don't see how loss of quality is an issue.
RT: The number of typical responses decreases exponentially as the number of joke options increases.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

black/white probably wont be an issue (it just makes my list of missing files smaller), fancy stuff could benefit from 24 bit.