Anyone remember the big dev game?

Allegiance discussion not belonging in another forum.
borlaK

Anyone remember the big dev game?

Post by borlaK »

So I was reminiscing to a friend about Allegiance, and I remembered there was a "big game" held by the original devs (so we're talking 20+ years ago). I think it was for stress testing purposes? There was a unique, circular map, with a bunch of teams and I think over 100 players. I believe the game lasted over 6 hours, but that's about the extent of what I remember.

I remember I was on a team that ended up building a bunch of capital ships and we tried to win that way. Can't remember if we won or not.

Curious if anyone has further details on this game and if I'm remembering it correctly.
XenoTech
Papsmear

Re: Anyone remember the big dev game?

Post by Papsmear »

Would this have been an Allegiance Zone Game you are thinking of?
The Microsoft Dev team used to host them about once a month if I recall correctly.
Most if not all of them used to be on a unique custom map with 6 teams.

On a side note 22 years playing/following Allegiance and your post count is 1?
borlaK

Post by borlaK »

It was so long ago I don't remember what Allegiance Zone is. This was part of the released game. But what you said sounds familiar. I do recall them hosting more than one, but I don't remember them all being big games -- maybe they were. I guess it was just one game in particular that stands out in my memory.

As for my post count. I played it for a couple years right after release and that was it. One of my old teammates told me about this site and I registered some time ago.
XenoTech
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

I'm pretty sure you are referring to the Allegiance Zone games.
The only other really big game I recall was after the community took over the game there was the Bacon 100 sector map that actually maxxed out at 100 players per team.
Half the game was played with sector overload happening :)