Allegiance LAN Server

Front page items.
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

Hi All,

I get requests from time to time for help with setting up a testing environment for Allegiance, or from people who would like to run a private server. I am happy to share a restored AllSrvUI (game server frontend) with you. Now you should be able to easily start up your own private server so that you can test map, cores, and game clients with a minimal amount of setup. The new files will appear in your steamapps Allegiance directory under LanServer. As always, the full game server and lobby are available as a Steam download package via SteamCMD which is separate from the normal game installation package.

Default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Allegiance\LanServer

There is a readme in there with instructions on how to use it. Let me know if you have any issues with it.

Thanks,
-BT
ImageImage
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

Awesome!
Thanks BT!
ImageImage
pkk

Post by pkk »

I was unable to run the server on my machine, until I've added some registry keys:

Code: Select all

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Allegiance\1.4\Server]
"EXE Path"="D:\\Steam\\SteamApps\\common\\Allegiance\\LanServer"
"ArtPath"="D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Allegiance\\Artwork"
"CfgFile"="http://allegiance.zaphop.com/allegiance-server.txt"
After that, AllSrv stop throwing nonsense error messages at me and I was able to create and join a local game.
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.