You Suck at Allegiance

Tactical advice, How-to, Post-mortem, etc.
Terran

Post by Terran »

reading through some of these discussions reminds me how much more people used to care about playing well. :(
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

Terran wrote:QUOTE (Terran @ Nov 8 2018, 10:48 PM) reading through some of these discussions reminds me how much more people used to care about playing well. :(
If the game didn't depend on good commanders..(ahem)...........we would have a larger player base.
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

raumvogel wrote:QUOTE (raumvogel @ Nov 9 2018, 02:18 AM) If the game didn't depend on good commanders..(ahem)...........we would have a larger player base.
Or dummer base. :P

We could really make cadet like this. It would be fun. Specially if we took all juckto´s tip transferred into video clips. :lol:
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

juckto wrote:QUOTE (juckto @ Apr 28 2008, 02:54 AM) Lesson Six - Stay on target

My name is juckto, and you suck at Allegiance. You've got no freaking clue what's going on, you just run after the closest enemy while miners, cons, and bombers drive right on by. If you ever opened up the Game Controls menu and actually looked, you might discover that there's a gazillion things you can set keys to target.

The most important keys on your keyboard are: Target Bomber, Target Miner, Target Constructor, and Target Base.

That's four right there, but I'm lying. It's 8 - cause you see, you've got to be able to target enemies and friendlies.

Then you need to be able to target people in a dogfight - so you'll be wanting Target Centre and Target Nearest Enemy. And to round it all off you'll be wanting Target Aleph and Target Lifepod.

Maybe then, maybe, you'll gain perhaps an inkling of situational awareness. For the sector you're currently in, at least. Which will probably be the wrong one, cause you suck.
Bah the only thing you really need is target center (NOTICE HOW I SPELL IT CORRECTLY YOU KIWI BASTARD).

Also I'm looking at the cadet materials and oh my god what a voob factory. "Here's some trite rules that will ensure that you're perfectly equipped to ineffectually fill any role."
Last edited by zombywoof on Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.