Constructor bugs

A place to post suggestions for new features, new bugs, and comments about the existing code.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

LANS asked me to post this here...
Metz wrote:so, another constructor bug
tech con won't even accept an order to go to a sector that appears to have the appropriate rock, but does no longer because it's been built upon by the opposing team
it will just ignore the order and idle where it is
this was just observed in the game just played
where the other team @Dome was trying to send his tac con to one of two different sectors that had tac rocks
except we had taken both tac rocks but they had not seen that
and the con refused to move towards either sector
no matter how many times it was ordered to
so the con defaulted to a build order as it would, naturally
figured it would have moved if manually given a go-to order
but if you right click on a sector on the minimap to issue the go-to order it's always been a default build order
which used to actually send the con there and would go to the rock until it could see it was gone
but now it just won't move
this is a recent bug from sometime after Steam release, presumably since Radulfr's do-not-autobuild "fix" to constructor AI
Last edited by Mastametz on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

I just noticed this post.
That is an odd constructor bug.
ImageImage
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Other bugs of note: Sometimes a tech con gets stuck in its do-not-autobuild behavior and it won't then build on the rock even once ordered without it being given multiple orders/orders after it's arrived at the rock and then went idle

has been witnesses many times by multiple players but have not been able to reproduce reliably

this is a recent bug from sometime after Steam release, presumably since Radulfr's do-not-autobuild "fix" to constructor AI
Last edited by Mastametz on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

also their routing is broken in number of ways... also don't know how-to recreate reliably

sometimes cons will take excessively long paths for no apparent reason...ignoring shorter routes, ignoring available teleports

I'm not sure if this has gotten worse lately or not
Last edited by Mastametz on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryujin

Post by ryujin »

Is there not some way to roll back all the changes done to the Miner AI, Con AI, and Viewing of sector He3 that has been done in the past 8 months or so?
Miner AI, Con AI, and He3 have been totally acceptable for years, then they got messed up for some reason and we haven't reverted them.
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll
Dome

Post by Dome »

Ryujin wrote:QUOTE (Ryujin @ Aug 15 2018, 03:08 PM) Is there not some way to roll back all the changes done to the Miner AI, Con AI, and Viewing of sector He3 that has been done in the past 8 months or so?
Miner AI, Con AI, and He3 have been totally acceptable for years, then they got messed up for some reason and we haven't reverted them.
I agree with this. Devs please revert con/miner AI to presteam.. or the april update that introduced the stupid tech con bug.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Oh yeah I forgot about the He3 levels on rocks being broken (again) still. that is really annoying and confusing.
NOVA_X

Post by NOVA_X »

The rollback ....cons retreat even if given the order to build ......2nd miners still come into duel sector to mine if both teams have bases there
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Sounds like they're back to their longstanding existing behavior. This is easy to improve upon, now.
ryujin

Post by ryujin »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Sep 7 2018, 07:54 PM) Sounds like they're back to their longstanding existing behavior. This is easy to improve upon, now.
I'd still just roll back all con and miner AI to pre steam. Just to make sure
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll