RC_03

Developer: Metz
LANS

Post by LANS »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Aug 6 2018, 04:49 AM) The problem with rix is not their basic fig offense. The problem with rix is that by minute 7 they can put 2 gat2 enh figs in any sector on the map you choose without sacrificing any of the normal allegiance play.

Swapping them from basic figs to lt ints is like trying to make your house immune to a hurricane by pissing on it.

Solution: Increase enh fig rip energy cost so that they can't rip to basic SR scouts. Add a "less energy" enh fig upgrade (same stats as enh fig, but less teleport energy cost). Make this a required upgrade to buy adv figs (Rix only). I'm not sure what the cost should be for this, but it lets Rix get enh fig tech up in reasonable time but delays the supermobility.
ImageImage
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

I can adjust energy-cost-required-to-rip for each tier of fig, as well as adjusting total-energy-capacity-available-to-operate-as-a-smallrip-receiver for each tier of ripscout

Basic ripscouts have 1200 energy and scouts/figs all require 1200 energy from them in order to rip to them. All I changed was the energy cost to rip basic figs to 1201, making it necessary to get adv scouts - this goes hand in hand with me moving adv scouts to garrison - or ship energy GA in order to rip basic figs to ripscouts. I could do the same to enh figs. or all tiers of figs.

Rix will still be able to do the exact same thing it'll just cost them more to be able to do it - slowing down their ability to rush t2 ships and tech and rip them in to Narnia.

Could revisit the cost-per-ripscout as well.
Last edited by Mastametz on Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

LANS wrote:QUOTE (LANS @ Aug 6 2018, 10:07 AM) Solution: Increase enh fig rip energy cost so that they can't rip to basic SR scouts. Add a "less energy" enh fig upgrade (same stats as enh fig, but less teleport energy cost). Make this a required upgrade to buy adv figs (Rix only). I'm not sure what the cost should be for this, but it lets Rix get enh fig tech up in reasonable time but delays the supermobility.
Rix doesn't get enh figs up in "reasonable time," they get them up in "absurdly fast."

The correct, ideal build is to open teleport sup miner, dock 2 loads, get gat2 enh figs, then expand/more miners off the back of that. With a home sup rock you can get the enh figs up in 4 minutes, otherwise it'll take you ~6-7 minutes.

The *problem,* of course, is that means there are rix gat2 enh figs on your miners at minute 7 when most other factions are barely able to finish expanding and buying their techbase at that point. So now I have to choose between expanding to be able to reach your miners or clamping down and defending my own. There are ways to beat this. Expanding with Dregh and diligently hunting SR scouts can buy you enough time and map to have your own enh figs up as well as getting a home spec or two. On a map like Star it is possible to simply trade miners until both of you are paydaying, but you have an advantage with a pair of spec mines. You can also push hard into Rix Sup and bomb, this of course requires actually finding their techbase.

I also have a giga build that can serve to put pressure on rix in a variety of ways. OTOH everyone literally just gives up and stacks rix whenever they see rix vs giga because "omg they're just going to dis2 our bases" as if giga doesn't WANT rix to spend its time dis2ing random bases. It's kind of like how people go "giga is bad vs belters because belters just bombs them." Giga could only be so damn lucky as to have belters bomb them :P
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
qqmwoarplox

Post by qqmwoarplox »

Metz can you buff bios

give their ints prox
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Saudade wrote:QUOTE ( Saudade @ Aug 11 2018, 10:17 AM) Metz can you buff bios

give their ints prox
wat
There's a new sheriff in town.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Saudade wrote:QUOTE ( Saudade @ Aug 11 2018, 10:17 AM) Metz can you buff bios

give their ints prox
Minepacks are probably fine. But let all figs carry prox.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
ryujin

Post by ryujin »

only one way to balance the game.
Ints have 3 Lancers
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

and SFs carry hunterkillers?
ryujin

Post by ryujin »

And scouts can deploy the HOD
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

So far I love the ideas that I've read.
Someone should post this in the General forums and take all the ship & weapons combinations and then P1 should make CrazyCore™
ImageImage