New STEAM Install Screen Goes Blank on Launching

User-to-user help and troubleshooting.
beeman

Post by beeman »

Just installed Allegiance from Steam. Upon Launching, the screen goes blank. I can still hit "~" and get a menu to quit. I can fill out the help form but didin't know if this was a known problem. Am running Win 10 64 bit pro. NVIDIA GTX 1060. I think it may be my monitor...it is a UHD monitor (native resolution 3840x2160). I tried running different resolutions, but no joy. Anyway, let me know if I need to fill out the full help form. This is kindof a bummer.

Fish
"What if, star sailor, I were to come over your house and punch you in the $#@!ing face?!
Will that finally get you to shut the hell up?!?" -- neotoxin
beeman

Post by beeman »

Nevermind....it is a bug with the first training mission. I can do the other ones. Reticule centerout file worked. Looks like high res is working fine as well.

Thanks

Fish
"What if, star sailor, I were to come over your house and punch you in the $#@!ing face?!
Will that finally get you to shut the hell up?!?" -- neotoxin
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

This
fishbone wrote:QUOTE (fishbone @ Jul 24 2018, 04:37 AM) Upon Launching, the screen goes blank.
Directly contradicts with
fishbone wrote:QUOTE (fishbone @ Jul 24 2018, 05:22 AM) Nevermind....it is a bug with the first training mission. I can do the other ones.
As you wouldn't be able to go to a training mission if your main menu never shows. When exactly is your screen black? In training mission 1 only?

edit: Apparently others were able to figure out you were talking about just mission 1, sorry.
Last edited by TheRock on Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image